from sending out. Any comment?

Ed

That is correct. Give Outpost Free firewall a try. I've tried many and
prefer this one. You can get it at www.agnitum.com

Ed

"zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1106583706.234174.52910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I recently upgraded from WIN98SE to Winxp home with sp2. It didn't care
> for my firewall (Kerio freebee), so I suspended it. Someone suggested
> that the native firewall didn't do a great job of keeping my system
> from sending out. Any comment?

The biggest complaint about the XP SP2 firewall is the adequacy of its coverage.
Unlike software firewalls that have been around for a while (Zone Alarm and
Symantec/Norton to name two), the SP2 firewall does nothing to monitor for rogue
programs that attempt to connect to the internet from inside your computer. I
have been the free Zone Alarm almost since it was released. There is also Zone
Alarm Pro with heightened firewall coverage for a price.

The second biggest issue has to do with Microsoft's long checkered history in
producing insecure and unreliable operating systems. Do you trust Microsoft
with the security of your computer? Answer: Not if I can help it... Ben Myers