Question KERNEL POWER 41 issues ?

Feb 23, 2024
Hi everyone, giving toms hardware a shot to see if we can help solve my issue.

PC Specs:

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4
RYZEN 7 5800X 3.8GHZ 8 CORE
EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3070
CORSAIR H11i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM LIQUID COOLER
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3200 2X16 DDR4
PSU: CORSAIR RM 750

Okay before we discuss the KERNEL POWER 41 issues that I have, please note that
the BIOS is from 2022 (apparently there is a compatibility issue between the motherboard and cpu, but that's only if you don't have at least BIOS VERSION F30 which I'm almost certain I have above.

-Kernel power 41 developed out of no where!
-I reseated my ram
- Kernel power crash happens usually after 30 minutes of gaming, and I DO NOT BSOD.
-Happens even when ram is at stock
-PSU is 2 years old.
-I play on a 31in 1440p 165 hz monitor, not sure if monitor size and refresh rate matter here
-PC makes it warm in my room
-Should i be getting stable frames and a flawless gaming experience with this setup? Ive also used driver booster to update every driver.

Here's where I'm at.
I try to run most my games 1440p, and 145 fps. Im getting the fps, but my nvidia gpu stats say that my "99% fps" is like between 40- 70 with stutters ( i think?). It sucks cause it "works" but at the same time it really bothers me when my games look like <Mod Edit> and not super nicely like everyone else i know.

I've been trying to game for the last few months, but i find myself turning all my settings down just so I can have a somewhat smooth experience. I waste most of my time tuning these setting and end up barely having time to play. I just want to come home from the hospital and be able to game :(

Im nervous to replace all my hardware when i know it could be a simple issue

I would love if I could have my hand held through this. I should be able to send all speeds, times, voltage, and whatever we need to help solve my issue! I should be around later tonight to send this info along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Kernel event 41 means failure in power delivery, which causes either random reboots or shutdowns. And those are mostly caused by 2 issues:
1. CPU/GPU overheats and to prevent any damage, system shuts down.
2. PSU fails to deliver enough power to the GPU or fails to keep smooth enough voltage for PC's operation.

First check your CPU/GPU temps, both at idle and under load. If temps are within reason then it's safe to assume that it's the PSU who is acting up.

Btw, which Corsair RM-series PSU you actually have? Since there are 4 variants: RM, RMe, RMi and RMx. (You can list PSU part number for clarification.)
Now, PSU is 2 years old but was it bought new or used/refurbished?