Keyboard Comparisons

I have not used them all so i cannot speak on all.Personally prefer mechanical keyboards, but not everyone does.

For me, the Ducky Shining takes the cake - Backlit in red/green/blue/white, comes in red/brown/black/blue switches.

From there I would look at Deck Legend boards, Filcos.

If you don't like Mech boards, the Logitech G19 is pretty neat.The CM Storm Quickfire is pretty awesome.

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
i use razer blackwidow with the blue switches and these switches are awesome, they just sound great and feel awesome to type on. i would recommend go for blue switches regardless of the brand of keyboard. i personally love blue switches and brown and red switches are somewhat of a compromise for me both lackling either tactile feel or the sound. for gaming though i am sure all of the mechanical switches are better than the membrane boards and it comes down to personal preference.

my vote goes for cm storm with cherry mx blue or any other with blues.

+1 for CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) I use to have it gave it to my daughter though.It's a great keyboard.I like the Cherry MX Blues because of the sound and feel they have. It isn't for everyone though. Many people will insist that they suck for gaming because of the clicking noise they make. Cherry MX Brown gives you a somewhat similar feel without the noise. I'd probably opt for that if I didn't type so much. The Cherry MX Reds are OK for gaming, but I don't enjoy typing on them. And being honest with myself, though my machine is built almost like a pure gaming rig, I do a lot more than just play games. In fact with work etc. I probably game only about 30-40% of the time on my PC. So typing is first and foremost to me.

Squeeky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

After looking at that guide, I'm kinda leaning toward the black switches. Do you have any suggestions for a good black switch board under $100? I've found a variant of the Quickfire Rapid with blacks, but the lack of a keypad is somewhat concerning, although I don't really use the keypad often on the board I have.
Also, does the Razer BlackWidow have blue switches? All that's listed is "full mechanical keys with 50g actuation force."

Squeeky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
It seems I overlooked some of these replies and my question about the BlackWidow was already answered. Sorry about that...

Regardless, I think black switches might be my preference, although blues seem tempting (lower price and allegedly satisfying click noise). The Quickfire Rapid is available in both blues and blacks. Would this be a good choice for a keyboard and if so, which switch do you guys prefer?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129002

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129007

No i don't have any recommendations for any under $100 the good keyboards are so much money it really sucks. :(

nebrethar

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I think that steel series shift is a good budget keyboard, it's one of the masters of extra hot keys and you can change to specific keysets. It's really fast and useful IMO. I used the WoW keyset before I quit playing and it had an interface on my comp just for that game. I'm not saying it fits everyone but its one to look at.