Question Keyboard Typing Issues & Clicking Links Issue

May 3, 2021
At random moments, with my keyboard, when I type a letter that is supposed to be lowercase it outputs as being capital. And vice versa. When this happens, most of the time the number keys will only output the symbol the key is for. What also happens most of the time is whenever I click a link on a website it opens a new browser window.

When typing my password to log into the computer sometimes you have to hit the key multiple times for the key to output the letter along with having the same typing issues I mentioned above.

Restarting the computer usually fixes it. But these issues can happen a lot which requires a lot of computer restarting.

1. I have tried unplugging and plugging the USB keyboard.

2. I have moved the USB keyboard to a different USB port.

3. No cables on my mouse or keyboard are damaged.

4. I don’t see any reset buttons on my keyboard or mouse, to try to reset them.

5. I’ve gone through and made sure Windows was updated properly.

6. I went to Device Manager and the keyboard, mouse, and Universal Serial Bus controller drivers are up to date.

7. I’ve run Windows Defender multiple times. It doesn’t find any viruses.

8. In Command Prompt I’ve run
src /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

9. I don’t have a System Restore point that goes back to before I was having the issues with my keyboard and mouse.

Computer Details:
Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz 1.99 GHz

Keyboard:
HID Keyboard Device
Microsoft (Provider)
6.3.9600.17808 (Driver Version)

If there’s anything you could do to help me fix this problem I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

At random moments, with my keyboard, when I type a letter that is supposed to be lowercase it outputs as being capital. And vice versa. When this happens, most of the time the number keys will only output the symbol the key is for. What also happens most of the time is whenever I click a link on a website it opens a new browser window.

When typing my password to log into the computer sometimes you have to hit the key multiple times for the key to output the letter along with having the same typing issues I mentioned above.

Restarting the computer usually fixes it. But these issues can happen a lot which requires a lot of computer restarting.

1. I have tried unplugging and plugging the USB keyboard.

2. I have moved the USB keyboard to a different USB port.

3. No cables on my mouse or keyboard are damaged.

4. I don’t see any reset buttons on my keyboard or mouse, to try to reset them.

5. I’ve gone through and made sure Windows was updated properly.

6. I went to Device Manager and the keyboard, mouse, and Universal Serial Bus controller drivers are up to date.

7. I’ve run Windows Defender multiple times. It doesn’t find any viruses.

8. In Command Prompt I’ve run
src /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

9. I don’t have a System Restore point that goes back to before I was having the issues with my keyboard and mouse.

Computer Details:
Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz 1.99 GHz

Keyboard:
HID Keyboard Device
Microsoft (Provider)
6.3.9600.17808 (Driver Version)

If there’s anything you could do to help me fix this problem I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Try a different keyboard.

May 3, 2021
But if it was a keyboard issue then wouldn't just the keyboard not be working properly instead of the keyboard and mouse not working properly?