Keys and Mouse not working

john1992

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I cant seem to understand nor find any solution to this problem. Basically, I just boot up my computer this morning and the mousr click doesnt do anything, they keys, when pressed do not do anything, they just make a ding windows sound. I have had a similar problem before where the keyboard was stuck on shortcuts and it would open things for different letters pushed but this is not that issue. I have tested for sticky keys already. The keyboard still types when given a line to type on, for example when I press windows key it pops up and I can search for things by typing and it types correctly and all and Im trying to navigate through settings and stuff with the arrow keys. Spacebar works when selecting things off and on. And by the way Im typing this from my phone. I dont know how to fix this as booting in safe mode as another solution I dont know how to do since my keyboard is screwed. Right click, left click all dont work on anything. I dont think it can simultaneously be my mouse and keyboard breaking at the same time either, otherwise that would be wuite the coincidence. What should I do now? How do I fix this? I can give more info if needed, just ask.

Solution
Shut down with Power Button.

Hold Shift key and Restart with Power Button, that will get you into Recovery (with generic drivers),so your mouse should work. Go to Troubleshoot, self explanatory from there.

Once in Safe Mode, uninstall and reinstall mouse and keyboard drivers.

Bill

Lutfij

Titan
What you've explained seems like a corruption of Windows 10 files when the keyboard keypresses are being registered in your window/adress bar/spaces. Have you tried performing a sfc / scannow or a system restore(to a point prior t having your keyboard and mouse go invisible on screen)?

You can also try a repair install and see how that goes for you. I'd also advise on moving your critical data to an external storage device should something happen to your installation of Windows 10 + if you need to perform a clean install.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Shut down with Power Button.

Hold Shift key and Restart with Power Button, that will get you into Recovery (with generic drivers),so your mouse should work. Go to Troubleshoot, self explanatory from there.

Once in Safe Mode, uninstall and reinstall mouse and keyboard drivers.

Bill

Solution