Kickstarter Project Delivers The Ultimate iPad Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]It's a fucking stand. How have we not perfected this technology yet? And why is it considered worth $70?[/citation]
Why is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?

[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.[/citation]
You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
$90 for a stand? You've got to be kidding me.
Oh wait, I stand corrected, it is an iStand. That costs extra of course due to the stupidity tax added.

Don't get me wrong, this is not simple Apple hatred.
I manage a few websites that have lots of media content. Mostly videos.
Guess who are the only visitors with issues when it comes to playing the videos?
iPhone and iPad users. And I am not talking FLV but MP4 and MOV format !!!

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
[citation][nom]merikafyeah[/nom]Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.[/citation]
Yeah but it is missing the iPad :)

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]Why is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?[/citation]

You sir just won the stupidest comment on Toms award. I think you should try out for the World championships too.

G

First, I scoffed at the idea of a silly ipad stand being a kickstarter project AND being posted on Tom's Hardware.

Next, I watched the video and thought: hey that's a pretty decent stand!

Then, I looked at the price: $70 pre-order price. $5-$10 is about the right price to pay. $20 would be a bit steep. $70 though? That's insanity!

Finally, I read the comments and was reminded that is is an accessory for an iProduct. Getting reamed is part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.