[SOLVED] Killer 3100G random drops

xForbiddenOne

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
Hello all,

My current motherboard has a dreaded Killer networking port on it that's a Killer 3100G. At completely random times the machine just loses internet all around, despite other devices connected to the same network continue working perfectly fine. I've tried disabling power saving features, and disabled "green" internet with no avail. I've downloaded the newest driver from the Killer website, also no avail. (Without the software installed, of course.)

When it happens, I can run the Windows trouble shooter and I'll always get the message:
"Problem found
The default gateway is not available Fixed"

Pictures included for convenience: View: https://imgur.com/a/BCPvcob

This is getting seriously annoying to deal with considering it's happening both during games and just normal use. Can anyone help me figure it out?
------------------
Full system specs:
AsRock X570 PG Velocita
Ryzen 5800X
Asus RTX 3070
Crucial 3200MHz 32GB
Corsair TX-850

Solution
So I never saw that chipset, then again if it says "killer ethernet" it immediately goes on my do not buy list.

The general problem with killer is not so much the ethernet it is their stupid gamer software. You need to get the version of the drivers that do not have this feature. Uninstalling the app does not remove some of the hooks and it still has issues.

So now I know that killer also has a 2.5g port. I wonder if they actually make the chips. Lately both realtek and intel have had major issues with their 2.5g ports. A bunch of motherboards with intel chip set manufactured about 9 months ago have a defect that can only partially be fixed via drivers to really fix it you have to replace the motherboard.

Do you also have...
So I never saw that chipset, then again if it says "killer ethernet" it immediately goes on my do not buy list.

The general problem with killer is not so much the ethernet it is their stupid gamer software. You need to get the version of the drivers that do not have this feature. Uninstalling the app does not remove some of the hooks and it still has issues.

So now I know that killer also has a 2.5g port. I wonder if they actually make the chips. Lately both realtek and intel have had major issues with their 2.5g ports. A bunch of motherboards with intel chip set manufactured about 9 months ago have a defect that can only partially be fixed via drivers to really fix it you have to replace the motherboard.

Do you also have a 1gig port in the machine.

If nothing else I would look at a 1gbit add in card since they are not very expensive.

Solution