Kotick: Blizzard's Secret MMO Will Be New IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I hope I can finish my MCSE certification before this game comes out...I sense another distraction. I figure a few years since there aren't any leaks though.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
River Raid... the MMO!

Seriously, why has Kotick not been removed yet? Everytime he opens his mouth I am reminded not to buy Activision games on principal.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Hard to master... Even with 1 million gamers wanting it harder, Blizzard will always play to the masses, and with 13 million whiners asking for easy loot and levels we have WoW, where you can get to max level in a month of hardcore playing

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
New IP you say? Blizzard hasn't had new IP since 1998. Good luck with that. SC2 was how many years late? We probably won't see Diablo3 till 2012, and yet your going to create a whole brand new game from scratch? Hah, that'll be the day.

rishwin

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Hard to master... Even with 1 million gamers wanting it harder, Blizzard will always play to the masses, and with 13 million whiners asking for easy loot and levels we have WoW, where you can get to max level in a month of hardcore playing[/citation]
You can reach max level within 24 hours with the "recruit a friend" system. You can do it in 3 days without it.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Hard to master... Even with 1 million gamers wanting it harder, Blizzard will always play to the masses, and with 13 million whiners asking for easy loot and levels we have WoW, where you can get to max level in a month of hardcore playing[/citation]
years ago in WoW i used to run a bot, max a toon in like 12-13 days. WoW is so 2004... Im like 20 games past it.
WoW was second hand the day it came out.... everything had already been done, they just slapped a cartoon image on old games.
...This is just one man's opinion, 11 million people do like it.

MMORPG is kinda old in general now, i have been searching for a game to replace my original mmorpg but everything comes short, everything. I find its almost like once you have done it once you have done it it all them and none stack up to your original XP. (

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jefe323[/nom]im very glad they arn't making a starcraft or diablo MMO. blizzard made the right move by sticking to the roots of these games[/citation]

Although a Diablo MMO would be nothing short of Awesome!! Can't imagine the kinds of environments and minions.

G

The new game will be a cross between Blizzard's earlier offerings and one of the hottest games on Facebook. It will be called "Goldfarmerville", and you'll play a Chinese WoW gold farmer.

dgingeri

Distinguished
They ought to stick with a level 20 cap at first, with annual expansions. that way each expansion could actually bring new content without overdoing the gear just before the expansion.

With any other company, I'd be hesitant to even look at a new MMO, but with Blizzard, I can hardly wait. They can't very well improve the look and graphics engine with WoW because WoW has a certain look to it. To upgrade the look would mess up the flavor of the World of Warcraft. With a new MMO, not based off anything they've done before, they can go more realistic and do things that other companies haven't been able to pull off.

I played EQ for years before WoW came out, and I've always considered WoW to be everything EQ should have been: easy solo play, listening to their customers, more customizable interface, fixing bugs, a good PTR system before releasing their patches, actual news before the patches came out for testing, etc. EQ had failed so many ways, and Blizzard did everything right with WoW. That's why they have 13 million players. They listen to and communicate with their customers. Most other gaming companies don't come close to doing that.

This new game ought to be great.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
this is really pretty old news for anyone who plays WoW. mmo-champ reported this easily a year ago. while blizzard makes great games i wonder if they've lost their edge when it comes to creating new ideas.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I hope I can finish my MCSE certification before this game comes out...I sense another distraction. I figure a few years since there aren't any leaks though.[/citation]
There is a right answer, a wrong answer then the micrsoft answer.

[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]LOL Maybe they're making an MMO called "Real Life". Easy to learn but hard to master.Real Life tends to have a broad appeal...[/citation]

Great back to farming again oh wait I already do that... Damn I have to got fence work to do. x.x

Dead tree fell on the fence.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]infodan[/nom]haven't we known this for like, 3 years?[/citation]
Yea definitely had, I remember they announced that the new MMO is going to be a new IP a loooooooong time ago. They also said it wasn't going to be neither sc/diablo universe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.