Kougra Haiku avie

I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...

Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml

Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!

-Lois

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>
> Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
> http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>
> Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
> balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
> of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>
> -Lois

Thanks Lois;
it took me maybe 10 refreshes at the most. I didn't count, but it was quick.
;~)

gsulois wrote:
> I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>
> Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
> http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>
> Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
> balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
> of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>
> -Lois

Thanks! It only took me about 2 minutes of refreshing to get it :)

"gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>
> Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
> http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>
> Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
> balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
> of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!

I think that Mozilla and it's Reload Every plug in are almost essential for
Neopets. It still took me ages (many many hours over weeks) to get DOOM,
but I could go and make dinner while it was refreshing. But apparently you
can't just leave it on all the time. I can't think of why, but they don't
like it.

daramark.

I thought they considered it "cheating" to use the ReloadEvery plugin
and froze for it? (I'd gladly have used it for many a avvy that I don't
have yet if not for that looming threat). Am I wrong?

daramark wrote:
> "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>>
>>Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
>>http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>>
>>Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
>>balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
>>of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>

> I think that Mozilla and it's Reload Every plug in are almost essential for
> Neopets. It still took me ages (many many hours over weeks) to get DOOM,
> but I could go and make dinner while it was refreshing. But apparently you
> can't just leave it on all the time. I can't think of why, but they don't
> like it.
>

> daramark.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
> "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
> >
> > Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
> > http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
> >
> > Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess is a
> > balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie, neither
> > of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>

> I think that Mozilla and it's Reload Every plug in are almost essential for
> Neopets. It still took me ages (many many hours over weeks) to get DOOM,
> but I could go and make dinner while it was refreshing. But apparently you
> can't just leave it on all the time. I can't think of why, but they don't
> like it.

Don't you have to pay every time to get the Doom one then?

No, I think the Doom one is the one you get at the game graveyard?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
>> "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>> >
>> > Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
>> > http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>> >
>> > Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess
>> > is a
>> > balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie,
>> > neither
>> > of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>>

>> I think that Mozilla and it's Reload Every plug in are almost essential
>> for
>> Neopets. It still took me ages (many many hours over weeks) to get DOOM,
>> but I could go and make dinner while it was refreshing. But apparently
>> you
>> can't just leave it on all the time. I can't think of why, but they
>> don't
>> like it.
>
> Don't you have to pay every time to get the Doom one then?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
>> "gsulois" <gsulois@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >I just got it. Go to the Haiku place on Mystery Island...
>> >
>> > Ok, I'll stop being lazy, here's the link:
>> > http://www.neopets.com/island/haiku/haiku.phtml
>> >
>> > Then refresh. I only had to refresh the page twice... which I guess
>> > is a
>> > balance for the DOOM avie and the 'do not pull this lever' avie,
>> > neither
>> > of which I have yet, no matter how much refreshing I do!!
>>

>> I think that Mozilla and it's Reload Every plug in are almost essential
>> for
>> Neopets. It still took me ages (many many hours over weeks) to get DOOM,
>> but I could go and make dinner while it was refreshing. But apparently
>> you
>> can't just leave it on all the time. I can't think of why, but they
>> don't
>> like it.
>
> Don't you have to pay every time to get the Doom one then?

No, DOOM is the Graveyard refresh. Lever, which I still don't have
(miserable "random" avatars), is one that takes 100 NP every time you try.

daramark

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Daniel Vandersluis [dvandersluis@sympatico.ca] said
> I thought they considered it "cheating" to use the ReloadEvery plugin
> and froze for it? (I'd gladly have used it for many a avvy that I don't
> have yet if not for that looming threat). Am I wrong?

It is one of those thing I think that some people believe perhaps ought
to be freezable but I am yet to see any first hand evidence of this
myself and it is always seems to be a friend of a friend of a friend of
a friend of a friend of someone's dog who has reportedly lost their
account for doing this when anecdotal evidence is presented.

The way I look at it is why would this practice worry Neopets as they
are perhaps getting extra hits which is good for their stats and there
is no harm done as it is simply replacing a button press, and if we
didn't use to auto-refreshers we would be pressing the button anyway.

But as with everything of this nature, no one knows for sure what TNT
will have as a rule on any given day so everyone has to do what they do
at their own risk regardless of anyone else's opinion.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Arturus Magi [sailorleo@hotpop.com] said
> Les wrote:
> > That doesn't really make sense as the same bandwidth would be used
> > whether it is done manually or automatically. OK, the auto refresh
> > might be going for a tad longer than if you sat and did the
> > refreshing manually
>
> And more often, likely as not. Everyone refreshing the page just once
> doubles the cost to host it.

You seem to be missing the point that refreshing is necessary and the
object of Neopet's exercise.