KT7-RAID or A7V kt133?

G

I've seen many people on the board talk about the A7V as being a really good board because it is easier for OC'ing, good performance,133 memory bus and 133FSB (correct me if I'm wrong :) ). But I still haven't evalluated much the KT7-RAID and i don't know much if this board is so good. The last PC I bought was custom made (newbies buying custom PC's= bad decision) and I guess I probably didn't get a good deal since I didn't know anything about computers at that time.

Since Im still kind of exploring the available hardware i dont know if the A7V will be good enough for me cause i read it has some compatibility problems and if i get stuck with one i dont think i can deal with it. What kind of advantages/disadvantages does the KT7-RAID offer opposed to the A7V? Suggestions? Opinions? Anyone...

My plans are on pairing it up with a Duron800, BTW

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by amr on 01/27/01 09:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Use good RAMs, good power supply, good cooler and the latest bios (1005c) and you won't have ANY problem with the A7V!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Don't have a KT7-RAID but the KT7 is a great, jumperless motherboard. All the overclocking is done via BIOS options. I haven't needed any BIOS updates. The via 4-in-1 drivers were updated because everyone said to update them. (Still using 4.25a). Mobo has been working great with no crashes for 3 months. (I'm not counting the crashes I have had whenever I try to overclock my Duron 600 beyond 1008 mhz).

Today, I would go with the KT7A mobo, though.