Question KVM Switch Recommendation

Aug 20, 2024
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a KVM switch for my laptop and PC setup. Basically I want to be able to easily switch between my laptop and PC while having both devices connected to my 2 monitors, keyboard, and mouse like in this video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=1lxk7AphhcY
) also the Split desktop mode they mentioned would be a nice to have too. Here is my setup:
  • PC with AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (3 DP, 1 HDMI)
  • Laptop: ThinkPad E14 Gen 6 (1 HDMI)
  • Monitor 1: Acer GN246HL (144Hz) (HDMI)
  • Monitor 2: Dell P2012H (60Hz) (HDMI)
  • Keyboard and mouse are both USB
The main requirement I have is that it should be able to run 144 Hz on monitor 1 since I will be using it for gaming. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a KVM switch that would suit my setup. I assume I would need an adapter for my laptop since it only has 1 HDMI port. My laptop does come with USB and USB C ports so recommendations for adapters would be appreciated too.

Thank you!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I think perhaps the question they are asking is are there other similar KVM switches of better value—however they ascribe value in this case.
Value = price to performance ratio.

Sure, there are cheaper KVM Switches out there, but those doesn't have required features. E.g like 144 Hz on 1080p, asked by OP. The one in the video, does support 144 Hz on 1080p.

And lastly, i don't try to guess what OP is thinking. Instead, i read what is written.
OP doesn't say that they want cheaper (better value) option than in the video. But OP does say that they want same setup as in the video. And best way to achieve that - buy the same KVM Switch as seen in video + follow the setup guide shown.

Sometimes, people see something fancy in the video and post the video in forums, to get same/similar item for themselves. But most people doesn't look the video description, where the showcased hardware is listed, often with purchase links. And this is what i think happened here.