Kyro 2 the killer of nvidia ???

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
OK... but who will get 500? I can picture some people waiting sleepless in a paranoid dillusional state to claim post number 500. or... may be not.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

G

Come on guys, we need to hit the 500 mark!

Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amateurs built the Ark - professionals made the Titanic

G

LOL you beat me to it, but then my computer is being seriously stupid tonight---I have to hit refresh about 3 times on each page just to get it to load. Pages that require information to me sent (like post-confirmation pages) must be redone as refresh doesn't work. It is very frustrating and I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Cheers,
Warden

G

Bumpa-te-bump

Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amateurs built the Ark - professionals made the Titanic

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Yeah! but the movies about the titanic made more money!

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Why did you change your "451" to "Farenheit 451"?

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I actually caught your post series at "will", but every time I refreshed, there was a new word, until the last one. I refreshed it twice and it still wasn't there, so I thought woohoo!, I'm gonna have the last word!

:cool:

lichocpu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
I believe that The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk) wrote some time ago (2-4 days) that sadly, an Nvidia representative (don't ask me who) had confirmed that the document had emanated from nvidia, but it was an internal PR or marketing doc. (for some reason, I've always thougth that the marketing are the people that make companies look bad, I think that some of Intel's problems, besides trying to be monopolic, was trying to make the engineers at R&D do what marketing wanted :( that's just sh**** man!)

lichocpu

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
maybe he is speaking of the 8 or 16 light limit of the TL engine? I don't know I understand thet the GF TL engine (1,2,3,x) accelerartes the vertex lightning effects, but, that if you add too many light sources, you'll be pissed by low-fps. Right now, I use a TNT (yes, an original TwiN-Texel chip, stil at 90MHz) and right now, I consider buying a new chip, either an MX or an KryoII. kryo SHOULD give me an amazing boost, and I have a tight budget (too bad... I'd really like to play USAF on a GF3) so I'd like a bit more of visual quality on my games. (I've succesfully played quake3 on the TNT, but it runs like poo-poo (S***) ) anyway, I like 64MB of Video RAM. I think, do not give me credit, that the Kryo guys could have implemented a T&L engine but didn't just yet. :( too bad, but my birthday is coming up, and I'd like a new Video Card for may 15th...
But my finnancial advisor (mom) will give me the finger ..!.. if I ask for a +$500 pc component (even if it is my birthday, and it is a CPU, that's no way, Licho)

G

it's Kyro not kryo
;)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 05/03/01 04:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
How did this thread get so far down the list?

Cant let that happen again.

An, please, do <font color=red><b>NOT</b></font color=red> post anymore meaningful posts in this thread!!!

G

Hopefully the Kyro II is good enough to convince Nvidia to knock off a couple hundred dollars from the GeForce III price tag.