lack memory

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
HI last month my laptop 80 gig hdd has been filled like 74 78 g and so but now i have 9 gig loose.
surprise : kind of late on the news my laptop has started yesterday sending me message to

Close program to avoid data loss.
the memory of your pc is insufficient save and close google chrome.

why, now with 9 gig loose i receive this message but didnt when i had only 1 gig loose..
what to do?

tx

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi it only does this since i have hit the 72 meg left on hdd...

how can i put an image in here, someone told me we cannont see my casimage when i try to post one...

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
well the pc was ok but filling the 74 g available until only couple meg were available. i deleted data but now the pc is slow and the pc sometimes closes chrome saying not enough memory(not specified.)
with 10 g loose im ok for space but in deed the ram is acting weird. restarting the pc does not solve the problem...
it seems like there are more tab window showned than the one actually opened.. do you have an idea why?

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
i m in transition to a desktop so atm i can do with10 g free. 74 is the total laptop hdd.
im more concerned about the number of chrome.exe process appearing in the task manager with seems like at least 3 times the no of current window tab open..
is it supposed to show only one chrome. exe per tab?

now the pc is slow and the pc sometimes closes chrome saying not enough memory(not specified.)
That means - system is low on ram (not low on free disk space).
Why are you using 3 browsers simultaneously? Firefox, Chrome, brave browser?
Each browser uses additional ram. With lot of tabs open - eventually your system runs out of it.

What model laptop is it?
How much ram does it have?

May be upgrade ram, if you need multiple browsers and huge number of tabs open simultaneously.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
this really slow situation the pc work better with 3 navigator open like if one gets easily saturated wich was lot like that before...
i have a precision dell m90 .
since im going to a more decent desktop i wont add memory.
i just want the laptop to let me use as manytabs as i use before.

m more concerned about the number of chrome.exe process appearing in the task manager with seems like at least 3 times the no of current window tab open..
is it supposed to show only one chrome. exe per tab?