[SOLVED] Lagging, but high FPS ?

Lukasengell

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
Hi

I bought my pc like 6 years ago but about a year ago i decided to upgrade it as it was slow. I've bought and installed a new PSU, CPU and GPU, but it is still slow and lagging, even though it says i have high fps.

I have tried to record it, but i dont think the video is as laggy as the game itself (but still laggy, just not as much). I dont know what to do really. Im not that smart with pc's

PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019) - 750W
GPU: RTX 3070 Ventus 3x
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Can somebody help me? Just tell me if you need any info

Thanks in advance

Hi

I bought my pc like 6 years ago but about a year ago i decided to upgrade it as it was slow. I've bought and installed a new PSU, CPU and GPU, but it is still slow and lagging, even though it says i have high fps.

I have tried to record it, but i dont think the video is as laggy as the game itself (but still laggy, just not as much). I dont know what to do really. Im not that smart with pc's

Thanks in advance
did you mean stuttering?

How do i check that??
go to cpuz and go to spd section, post a screenshot here.
Anyways, try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel (skip if there is none)

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

InvalidError

Titan
Yea i guess. Mostly stuttering in games but lagging and slow when on Facebook and such
Facebook is always slow if you aren't running an ad-blocker.

If you have an adaptive sync monitor, make sure you force vsync to enabled in drivers and disable it everywhere else with a max frame rate slightly below your monitor's maximum refresh so variable sync can help smooth things out as much as it can.

How do i know if my ram is in 1 and 3 or 2 and 4?
look at the motherboard itself. if slot 1 and 3 in the cpu z is showing information that means that the ram is on slot 1 and 3, replace them to slot 2 and 4, but see these steps below.

go to cpuz and go to spd section, post a screenshot here.
Anyways, try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel (skip if there is none)

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Lukasengell

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
i cannot get bios to open. It goes right past it. I have also tried the recovery setting for advanced startup, but it runs on legacy not UEFI. I have no idea How to open it

I do but only 500mb free on it
well it's plenty, just make sure it's fat32.

So now i want you to download this in your pc, extract them, copy B550MAPP.14d to the flash drive, and plug them into the top rear usb slot on the motherboard. reboot to bios and then find Q Flash menu, and find the .14d file, flash it, and do the rest.

I think you need to download the bios first and extract then copy the file, and then re do the 1st step.

(well you have ddu the gpu driver so it wont be needed again, but if you didn't yet, go DDU the driver, sometimes windows install the driver automatically so yeah after everything on windows is done, make sure to open ddu and if there is a gpu driver, disconnect the internet, uninstall gpu driver using DDU and proceed with the processors in device manager, also amd chipset driver if you didn't uninstall it yet/still appears in control panel)

Lukasengell

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
well it's plenty, just make sure it's fat32.

So now i want you to download this in your pc, extract them, copy B550MAPP.14d to the flash drive, and plug them into the top rear usb slot on the motherboard. reboot to bios and then find Q Flash menu, and find the .14d file, flash it, and do the rest.

I think you need to download the bios first and extract then copy the file, and then re do the 1st step.

(well you have ddu the gpu driver so it wont be needed again, but if you didn't yet, go DDU the driver, sometimes windows install the driver automatically so yeah after everything on windows is done, make sure to open ddu and if there is a gpu driver, disconnect the internet, uninstall gpu driver using DDU and proceed with the processors in device manager, also amd chipset driver if you didn't uninstall it yet/still appears in control panel)
Nothing happens after pressing “load optimized defaults”. Do i have to press save and exit or should it open by urself?

Hi

Thanks in advance

Little late to the party, the following may be a stupid question but it wouldn't be the first time:

You changed all the major components of your PC, Tell me you did a clean installation of Windows + latest chipset drivers from AMD and Nvidia websites?

Lukasengell

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
Little late to the party, the following may be a stupid question but it wouldn't be the first time:

You changed all the major components of your PC, Tell me you did a clean installation of Windows + latest chipset drivers from AMD and Nvidia websites?
It was my brother who did the installations, but he works with computers for a living so i assume he did those things. He dont know what to do with the computer though, thats why im asking you guys for help.
Do you by any chance know if the pc should boot by itself after pressing “load optimized defaults”?

It was my brother who did the installations, but he works with computers for a living so i assume he did those things. He dont know what to do with the computer though, thats why im asking you guys for help.
Do you by any chance know if the pc should boot by itself after pressing “load optimized defaults”?

When you use the load optimized defaults option in BIOS you then need to (usually F10) Save and Exit for those changes to be saved/stored. After that the PC should boot by itself