Question Laggy mouse on windows pop ups

mroranlawd

Honorable
May 6, 2017
Hi,
I am having trouble with a new system I built and I can't seem to find any help online (although this may be as I am struggling to describe it in a search). My mouse appears to move normal across any given application, however when this app opens up a sub window, the mouse appears laggy and slow (only when hovering over the app however).This mouse lag occurs on any application that has to open up a separate window, for example when Microsoft word opens file explorer to find a document, or when steam opens up its settings window. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I have never seen a glitch such as this one. (I will also add that games in borderless window stutter as well although I think this is unrelated)

Specs:
Ryzen 5800x
Asus B550-F Wifi
GTX 1080ti
2x16 3600mhz ddr4 Corsair vengence
1 gen 4 nvme ssd 512gb
1 gen 3 nvme ssd 2tb
Corsair rm850x

Many thanks
Oran

Lutfij

Titan
Could you elaborate on what version of Windows 10 you're on? I'm assuming you didn't make a mistake when creating this thread since there's a Windows 10 mentioned in the tags(listed above this thread) next to the time stamp. Pertaining to your OS, where did you source the OS installer from? As for your rams, which slots are they occupying on your motherboard? With regards to your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on for said motherboard?

mroranlawd

Honorable
May 6, 2017
Could you elaborate on what version of Windows 10 you're on? I'm assuming you didn't make a mistake when creating this thread since there's a Windows 10 mentioned in the tags(listed above this thread) next to the time stamp. Pertaining to your OS, where did you source the OS installer from? As for your rams, which slots are they occupying on your motherboard? With regards to your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on for said motherboard?
Hi Lutfij thanks for your response. I am using Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19044 Build 19044. I created the usb install media from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
My ram sticks are in the recommended slots that the mother board recommended (furthest from cpu and second closest from cpu). And for the BIOS the ASUS tool Armoury crate updated my bios as I couldn't do it manually from within the bios (even with bios flash). This piece of software claims my BIOS is "up to date".
Thanks again