[SOLVED] Laptop AC adapter overheat?

ahmed.gouddi

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
I was playing on my laptop today and suddenly the ac adapter stopped providing power. I checked the adapter and found that it was very hot like its was burning or something. So I unplugged it and shuted down my laptop. after a bit of time, i boot up my laptop and plugged in the adapter and it's working perfectly. should i be concerned? could this cause damage to the adapter or to my laptop hardware ?(im really worried now cause this laptop is still new).
thank you guys for reading and sorry for my bad english.

Solution
I recommend that you keep monitoring it for now. If at any point it gets too hot to touch and stops working, then I suggest getting a replacement.
If the AC adapter is very warm, then it should be fine. However if the AC adapter gets extremely hot like how you are describing, then it is a fire hazard. I suggest having it repaired or getting a replacement. If it is new, then it should still be covered under warranty.

ahmed.gouddi

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
thanks for answering !
today i just used my laptop all day long and i didn't notice anything. my ac adapter dosent stop providing power and it's not getting very hot.
do u think it's fine ? (i bought my laptop 1 year ago and saddly it's not under warranty anymore.)