[SOLVED] Laptop charger disconnects at 98%, reconnects itself shortly after ?

Aug 27, 2021
Hello guys :D

I'm very glad to see you. After a night, my laptop got a charging issue ...: When my HP laptop's battery reachs 98%, it automatically disconnect from charger while it is plugged in. When my laptop's battery reachs 97%, it automatically connect, it charge up to 98% and then disconnect, and it repeats infinitely ...

I also found topic same as me: https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...ttery-reconnects-itself-shortly-after.199931/
I tried accept solution's advice, but issue still occur ... I also tried to recalibrate battery, update bios, driver to lastest version ... but nothing work

This is my report battery if you need: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lic9ff4WsovRkznoAKWVaHLt3f7VAkqx/view?usp=sharing

I'm hoping a person who can help me :(
Thanks so much

D

Deleted member 14196

you need to talk to HP support on that. and how is your issue any different from that one in the link? sounds like failing hardware

Aug 27, 2021
you need to talk to HP support on that. and how is your issue any different from that one in the link? sounds like failing hardware
Thanks your reply

Issue from that link is stuck at 98% (laptop still charge but stuck at 98%), my laptop's issue is: when i charge to 98%, laptop automatically discharge while plugged in, after using my battery become 97%, then laptop start charging again till 98%. and it repeat infinitely ...

Thanks your reply

Issue from that link is stuck at 98% (laptop still charge but stuck at 98%), my laptop's issue is: when i charge to 98%, laptop automatically discharge while plugged in, after using my battery become 97%, then laptop start charging again till 98%. and it repeat infinitely ...
stop charging at end is normal behaviour, keeping charging even at full just kills battery fast, mobile phones does same aswell, they fast charge and at end they will slow down (unless you have something old)
98% charge is same issue..i dunno how your notebook is configured (by HP) but thet link above shows battery/charger tests and wiping battery windows settings, so you should do that

Aug 27, 2021
stop charging at end is normal behaviour, keeping charging even at full just kills battery fast, mobile phones does same aswell, they fast charge and at end they will slow down (unless you have something old)
98% charge is same issue..i dunno how your notebook is configured (by HP) but thet link above shows battery/charger tests and wiping battery windows settings, so you should do that
it means that, laptop discharge at 98% and change to battery mode (use battery instead of ac power)

This is my image of battery's report:
Screenshot-from-2021-08-27-21-55-55.png

At you saw in range time from (00:58:04 - 01:12:42, near 15 minutes) but my laptop change between AC mode and Battery mode more than 12 times... I'm worry it may damage my battery if I still connect Adapter when my battery reach 99% ..

D

Deleted member 14196

sounds like you need to have it looked at or try ruling out the charger and battery somehow. i would talk to someone at hp support.