[SOLVED] Laptop died while flashing BIOS?

Mar 14, 2022
I was traveling over spring break, so I couldn’t bring my PC, so I brought my terrible laptop I have not touched in like a year, in order to keep computer access during vacation. As expected, there were a slew of updates I needed to install, including may windows ones. I installed one or two of the ten is updates before windows prompted me to restart. I went ahead and restarted, and my laptop took the opportunity to download a BIOS update. The BIOS installed and told me it was flashing, the message that is was flashing (with a progress bar) appeared twice, the screen and fans turned off, and I can’t get it back on. The charging light isn’t even on, and I have tried using multiple reliable charging ports. Is this laptop recoverable? It is not the largest deal ever, as I have a PC at home, but I would like to get this working again.

Specs:
i5-8265U quad core GPU
8GB DDR4 RAM
256 GB SSD
No GPU, I have to use onboard graphics

If you have any ideas how to fix it or even what happened, please let me know.

Solution
D
You might take it to a shop and they could replace the BIOS chip possibly and flash it properly
D

Deleted member 14196

You might take it to a shop and they could replace the BIOS chip possibly and flash it properly

Solution