PersianR6

Reputable
Dec 21, 2019
I bought a brand-new Lenovo Legion 5 laptop a few months ago which has:
RTX 3060 130W
Ryzen 7 5800H
16GB RAM (3200Mhz)
1TB SSD

The problem is whenever I play Rainbow Six Vulkan it underperforms heavily, I run it with around 190-200FPSmax, on Low setting, I saw a bunch of other benchmarks of the exact same model that people getting 290FPS on Ultra and around 340FPS on Low. FPS was always like this on my laptop.

I benchmarked my own game with Afterburner and the info is like this:

---GPU power only hits 90W (sometimes 100W) and usage is around 80% (it won’t go above 75 C Temp)

---CPU runs at around 60% with max speed (4200Mhz) around 85C temp, I’m using Ultimate Performance Power plan (and also performance mode of the legion itself) + all cores and threads on my CPU enabled

---RAM is showing 3200MHz in task manager

---I’m using the default brick charger

---No Power saving features are running in my knowledge

Things I tried: Resetting BIOS to default values - Tested to see if DX11 is ok, but no same thing - Updated Nvidia driver to latest version yesterday (Using DDU yes) - Changed Graphics to Nvidia Only, AMD integrated completely disabled - set prefer maximum performance through Nvidia control panel for my game

I forgot to mention I’m using an external monitor 1920 1080 165Hz Using HDMI 2.1

At first, I thought it was dynamic boost problem, I reset the battery in BIOS using several guides in here but this was not the case cuz Furmark hits 130W 99% usage easily

I’m getting CRAZY what I seem to miss here?