Laptop LCD Blue Flicker/Tint

mattagiii

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
My laptop is experiencing a blue flicker/tint to certain parts of the screen on occasion. Sometimes it's really bad (the whole screen is covered in blue blotches) and sometimes it's to a lesser degree (a few thin lines showing up on, say, the start menu. I really don't know how to determine if this is an issue with my graphics cards (switchable) or with the lcd itself or even with a bad connection internally. Can anyone shed some light on what would indicate the possible problem?

As this is my first post, I may or may not be giving enough information. If so, or if I've broken any rules I apologize in advance and I will fix it if you let me know. Thanks!

Specs:
Win7HP 64bit SP1
Acer Aspire AS4820TG-7805
Acer ZQB1 Mobo
1st Gen Core i5 460M
8gb RAM
Generic 1366x768 Monitor (I have replaced this once in the past)
256gb Crucial M4 SSD
Intel HD Graphics 3000 - switchable with - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1gb (issue occurs on both cards, though switching seems to temporarily stop the blue tint)

HartTheDeer

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
well it could be a number of things. Probably a bad connection. Best way to determine if its the connection try plugging your laptop in to a external monitor and see if your probably continues.

mattagiii

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks for the quick response! I will definitely try that as soon as I get the chance (I need to find someone whose monitor I can borrow :kaola: ) as it seems like common sense!

mattagiii

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
So, it must have been the connection. While it was tedious, I disassembled most of my laptop and cleaned the display connector as best I could. Everything's working fine now. I appreciate the assistance with my simple problem, HartTheDeer! Glad to have made my first forum post as well!