Question Laptop microphone making static noises, and can't hear voice ?

May 15, 2021
I recently found out that my mic makes a static noise, when I was talking to some friends. The microphone on my laptop is built in, and I dont know when this started. I tried to reinstall the Realtek drivers, roll back my microphone, changing the enhancements and tried a bunch of other things the tutorials told me to do, but still couldn't fix it. I don't know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue, but I'm starting to think that it's a hardware issue.

Specs:

- Windows 10 x64

- Realtek High Definition Audio

- Built in microphone

Here is what the audio sounds like. When I try to talk or touch the mic, nothing happens. https://voca.ro/1eBBaQprUnfR

I'm going to try System Restore tonight and hopefully it works again.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

george_ks

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Had (and still occasionally have ) similar issues with some notebooks at work.

Try this:

Uninstall the device AND select to remove the driver as well.
Power off -do not just restart- your system and the install the audio drivers from Realtek.
Restart and see what happens.

As strange as it sounds, some times after the cold boot the issue is resolved by installing the driver from windows update and not the Realtec one.

May 15, 2021
Starting to think that this is a hardware issue after trying various methods after this one, and with no avail. When I touch or make any sound close to the microphone, it doesnt make any noise, and continues on making the same static noises.