[SOLVED] Laptop not displaying anything but fans are running at full speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2020
So I got a prompt to update my Win 10 version, I left it to update overnight, I must have not plugged it in and the battery was low during the time of the updates, So I woke up to a dead laptop, plugged it in and now it does not display anything but the fans run at full RPM.

HP Notebook - 15-af114au
Video link to the exact issue : View: https://imgur.com/eM8Jg9R
(Please un-mute the audio to listen to the fans)

I also tried replacing the RAM but it still does not work.

Thanks

Solution
Try a motherboard reset, remove the main and CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in the batteries again, plug in the wall power, leave it for about 30 mins, see if it turns on after that. It may take a few attempts to power on. If that does not work, then motherboard may be bad.
Try a motherboard reset, remove the main and CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in the batteries again, plug in the wall power, leave it for about 30 mins, see if it turns on after that. It may take a few attempts to power on. If that does not work, then motherboard may be bad.

Reactions: TechMsPaige
Solution
Apr 19, 2020
I guess the motherboard works since it beeps when I remove the RAM.

Apr 19, 2020
Yes the error beeps with no RAM shows the motherboard has life, but from my experience the fans running at full speed is a motherboard failure. Did you try that reset with removing the batteries and hold in the power button (it's called "flea power")?
Yup, It doesn't work unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.