Question Laptop severely underpeforming in some games

Oct 31, 2019
Hi guys,

Recently I purchased a ASUS TUF FX 505GM which has an i5 8300h 8gb ram and a gtx 1060 6gb. I play a lot of rainbow six siege and get a good 90-100 fps average as should be, but in games like csgo and fortnite I am not getting the performance i should. In fortnite on the low preset with maximum 3d resolution (not anti aliasing as it has its own modifier) and epic render distance i have been averaging around 100-130 fps and around 80-90 on the epic preset, for the epic preset compared to what other benchmarks I have sen, it is upto par, but for the low preset i am underperforming by a long shot. In csgo i have beeen playing on the high preset and i have been getting around 120-130 fps even though similarly spec'd laptops are outperforming me by a margin. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I have undervolted my cpu and gpu and put a 175mhz memory overclock as well as put my laptop on the high performance battery mode and put maximum performance in the nvidia control panel.

Any responses will be appreciated!

Oct 31, 2019
Well then I would say you have already found the correct balance of heat and performance and be happy with that. Anything over 60fps on a 60 hz monitor dosnt matter.
while that is true, I am still concerned as to why it is underperforming. It is capable of much more than is being output and that is a concern for me.