Question Laptop showing weird boxed colors

luqmoney

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017
Hey

Today after windows update my gaming laptop started to show weird colors like pixels after I started to play a game. What happened to my laptop, can it be because windows update had an negative effect on my screen because this happened right after the update.

These colorful pixels show when i start a fps game like League of Legends, otherwise the screen is working nicely.

My laptop is

Asus Gaming TUF FX505DT 15,6"

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your laptop?

If the issue is only when you game while the OSes GUI is pristine, then source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers, then reboot then reinstall said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps.

luqmoney

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your laptop?

If the issue is only when you game while the OSes GUI is pristine, then source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers, then reboot then reinstall said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps.

Thank you for your fast reply, but can you elaborate more. I don't know what these terms mean and how I check my BIOS?

luqmoney

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017

See if that helps.
My BIOS is

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. FX505DT.316, 28/01/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.2