Question Laptop Slowing Down For No Obvious Reason

May 23, 2021
I don't know what to do anymore. My laptop have been slowing down without obvious reason no high CPU, GPU, or RAM usage, but the laptop keep slowing down. The last time I fix this issue is by reinstalling one of my software that made quite an amount of page faults, but because I don't really know what's high for page faults so I can't really determine it, and now it's slowing down again with no obvious reason.

My laptop specification
Laptop Model = Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB - Type 80VF
CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
RAM = 16GB
GPU = Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage = 500GB NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLW512

Here's a list of what have I done to find the cause
  • Analyzing task manager performance tab
  • Analyzing process explorer
  • Checking drivers for update (All up to date based by Windows automatic driver update and Intel driver & support assistant)

whether it's being caused by faulty drivers in Windows, corrupted files, or an actual hardware malfunction is not easy to identify with a lot of laptops.

is it still under warranty?
if so, than dismantling and checking for hardware issues would more than likely void the warranty.

try running Check Disk & memtest from within Windows to see if drive or RAM problems may be contributing to the issue.
google how if not familiar.

another easy choice is to perform a total drive wipe and reinstallation of Windows & system drivers.
if this fixes the issue(s), than hardware was not the culprit.

May 23, 2021
whether it's being caused by faulty drivers in Windows, corrupted files, or an actual hardware malfunction is not easy to identify with a lot of laptops.

is it still under warranty?
if so, than dismantling and checking for hardware issues would more than likely void the warranty.

try running Check Disk & memtest from within Windows to see if drive or RAM problems may be contributing to the issue.
google how if not familiar.

another easy choice is to perform a total drive wipe and reinstallation of Windows & system drivers.
if this fixes the issue(s), than hardware was not the culprit.

As I said on the first post the laptop model is exactly the same which is Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB - Type 80VF.
Unfortunately the warranty has long expired but from what I thought the hardware was supposed to be alright and it's from the software side.
And I noticed something new which is the process explorer detected high cpu usage when the lagging was happening , but I can't seem to find the program that caused it while when I open task manager it says the otherwise.
I'm writing this post using the laptop while it is lagging.

I will try the Chesk Disk & Memtest shortly after I post this reply