[SOLVED] Laptop strange light vibration?

VIIEleven

Prominent
Dec 23, 2021
So about two days ago I started experiencing a strange event on my Legion Y540 laptop. When I unplug it and take it to my bed where I use it on my lap, I can feel a very faint vibration from the body of the laptop, it only happens when the fans turn on and it's only noticeable if I place my hand on the keyboard and feel for vibrations. This vibration also never happens when the laptop is placed on a completely flat hard surface. I also noticed that when I pick up the laptop and tilt it left or right in sudden or "jerky" movements, it makes a strange faint noise that could only be described as "whistle" or a "whoosh" of a lightsaber. The noise only lasts for an instantaneous split second when tilting suddenly and then disappears. Do I have reason to be concerned for the health of my fans? The laptop does not appear to be experiencing any performance issues, cooling is perfect, GPU always under 60 degrees as well.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
When you place it on your lap or any soft surfaces you block airflow and heat transfer.
So the fans must run faster to keep it cool.
The certain sounds are caused by gyroscopic effect of the fans rotation.

VIIEleven

Prominent
Dec 23, 2021
When you place it on your lap or any soft surfaces you block airflow and heat transfer.
So the fans must run faster to keep it cool.
The certain sounds are caused by gyroscopic effect of the fans rotation.
What about the soft vibration I feel from the laptop chassis when on it's on my lap? is that normal?