[SOLVED] Laptop temperature is rising ?

Jul 12, 2021
I have a laptop, it has:

intel i5,
Nvidia MX 350
8 gb RAM with
1TB HDD

its normal temperature is around 57 degrees celcius and when i load minecraft in it it rises up to 61-69 and my laptop is not built for gaming, is it bad? and what can i do to solve it ?

i need help. i got a custom bit large fan and i kept it under it. It sometimes cools it, is it is worth it? please help.

Solution
Intel CPUs can run reliably up to 100°C. That is why Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C for the majority of CPUs they have built during the last 10+ years. Go play some games and stop worrying about your CPU temperature. It is OK.

Most modern gaming laptops with Intel CPUs run continuously at over 90°C for hours and hours.

Here is an example of a CPU that is a little too hot. Thermal throttling has begun at 100°C just like it is supposed to do. Intel CPUs are well protected from user stupidity.

b8e7siw.png

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
What is the name of the fan? And why does it only cool it sometimes? Why would it not be worth it if it does cool the system?

Also go to system information and send a snapshot of it here(use imgur.com to upload it). That info is not enough.

Intel CPUs can run reliably up to 100°C. That is why Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C for the majority of CPUs they have built during the last 10+ years. Go play some games and stop worrying about your CPU temperature. It is OK.

Most modern gaming laptops with Intel CPUs run continuously at over 90°C for hours and hours.

Here is an example of a CPU that is a little too hot. Thermal throttling has begun at 100°C just like it is supposed to do. Intel CPUs are well protected from user stupidity.

b8e7siw.png

Solution