[SOLVED] Laptop turning on but no display.

Apr 19, 2020
My HP laptop turns on but doesn't display anything. Fan runs in full RPM. I suspect it's the RAM but I'm not completely sure.

Solution
Hi there :benetton:
Well it can be 3 things.....Ether your bios doesn't respond or it can be your RAM as well or your battery is faulty...
You can try these few steps to try to solve this problem!
1.(Reset your Bios)To reset bios helps for many things including a black screen.Unplug the power cord from the laptop...then remove your Laptop battery and press and hold the power switch for at least 30 seconds then you plug your laptop's battery back in and try to power up now....it should work if you reset your bios this may.
2.(Try to reseat your RAM stick)take out your RAM s and replace the RAM OR put the RAM stick into another RAM slot....It can be that it doesn't pick up your RAM that's why it wont boot so try to switch your RAM into...

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
I suppose the fan didn't run at full speed the last time it worked? Not sure that is a memory thing - would be the last thing I would suspect - maybe more the video (dGPU? or IGP?) or the panel itself.

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi there :benetton:
Well it can be 3 things.....Ether your bios doesn't respond or it can be your RAM as well or your battery is faulty...
You can try these few steps to try to solve this problem!
1.(Reset your Bios)To reset bios helps for many things including a black screen.Unplug the power cord from the laptop...then remove your Laptop battery and press and hold the power switch for at least 30 seconds then you plug your laptop's battery back in and try to power up now....it should work if you reset your bios this may.
2.(Try to reseat your RAM stick)take out your RAM s and replace the RAM OR put the RAM stick into another RAM slot....It can be that it doesn't pick up your RAM that's why it wont boot so try to switch your RAM into the other RAM slot...(If you have 2 RAM sticks and 2 RAM slots maybe try to remove the one RAM stick and try to boot up only using one RAM stick.
Here is a link that can help you as well=https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-hp-laptop-black-screen-easily/
3.Remove your battery and plug in the laptop charger and try to switch the laptop on using this way...if it boots up its your battery.

Solution