Question Laptop wake from sleep, no display output Windows 10

Mar 24, 2019
Power button light on, external keyboard backlights on, and others...

Got multiple laptops in the house and this is my main one that I use all the time, I really depend on it so I am asking you all this question:

Today I had to leave the house, so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button light turns on. There is absolutely no power to the display of my laptop. My "gaming" mouse's rgb backlight is off, but whenever I click it, the rgb light comes on. It stays on as long as I hold the left or right click. My external monitor says there is no input from my laptop. I hold the power button down until the light on the power button turns off. I wait for a few seconds and then hold the power button to boot my laptop. It works fine now, but I do not understand what caused this and does this damage my laptop's hardware?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019
Have you checked the Dell website for laptop and confirmed you have latest drivers, as behaviour could be caused by old device drivers - maybe press Detect drivers here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/a...roduct/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/drivers
Step 1: Check your drivers and update them.
Step 2: Check for Windows Updates
I have checked the Dell website and the latest "driver" updates are just software updates and installation files for extra and bogus Dell bloatware. Nothing that could really help my issue. I have the latest BIOS update and others. I will check to see my current video card drivers and see if the Nvidia graphics card and/or Intel graphics can be updated.

Last edited: