Question Laptop won't turn on

vermavishnuverma

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
So recently I decided to use my old laptop since my pc was dead. When I plugged in the adapter and tried to turn it on, it did not. There is no charging light or any other light glowing. Then I decided to take out the mother board and removed everything from it(ram cpu wifi module) and tried to turn it on. Still It doesnt turn on. Then i removed the power connector and plugged it in again and noticed some sparks. I touched various parts of the mb and found out that the ic near the dc connector was warm and the fch chipset on the motherboard was hot. When i randomly tried to short the power button connector to ground, the led glows for a fraction of a second and turns off again and again. Befor keeping the laptop it worked fine but i don't know what happened to it now. I have cleaned the mb with isopropyl alcohol but still no luck. Please help!!!!!!!!

Laptop: HP pavillion g4 1303au
AMD A4 3330mx
2gb ram

vermavishnuverma

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
but when i try to measure the adaptor voltage when it is plugged in, i dont know why it gives a voltage like a pulse like it gives the 19.5v then goes off then again 19.5v after 1 second. what does that mean?? when i remove the jack and measure it , it constantly gives 19.5v?????????????

vermavishnuverma

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
Your issue probably isn't the jack. Electrical and electronic failures are a little difficult to trace, though. You can spend a lot of time trying troubleshoot the components, but you'd probably save time by replacing the motherboard.
then please help me troubleshoot, that laptop is my only support. i am also telling that the onboard amd fch chip is getting hot.

vermavishnuverma

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
I doubt anyone here can help you fix it without having the laptop in person to inspect.

Are you able to order a replacement motherboard? There are some online, but I don't know what your situation is with respect to shipping & handling or budget.
No a replacement is out of my budget. BTW i placed the mobo in the freezer in hopes of tracing a short circuit. when i plugged it the battery led flashed for a fraction then went off then again flashed. Any idea what's happening??

vermavishnuverma

Prominent
Apr 9, 2018
Seems like I found the problem. It was something named 2R2305E73 on the mb near the cmos battery. I think it was causing the short and I removed it. Now the battery light glows but as soon as I press the power button the battery light goes off then comes back but nothing happens. any ideas

TRENDING THREADS