Question Latency when playing games

Aug 3, 2022
So I'm at a loss... to start my rig is fairly new it's an X570 Master with Ryzen 5900x and an RX6700XT and an 850W Gold power supply. So when watching or steaming media ie youtube, Netflix, etc I have no issues with the internet but as soon as I play a video game online, especially war thunder and Escape From Tarkov my ping will not stay steady it'll jump from 30 to 600 in seconds. I've tried updating, and reinstalling internet drivers, switched ethernet cables, new routers, and cables in the wall, tried it on other people's internet and it didn't fix it and I'm at a loss does anyone have an idea on what could be causing the issue?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tested with both internet ports at the back i/o?

Each port will have it's own driver package for download one being Intel, the other being Realtek. Would myself only download the Realtek and let the windows drivers run the Intel for now.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

850W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of said unit? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? If you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

Aug 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

850W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the make and model of said unit? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? If you're working with Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.
The power supply is the ASUS ROG STRIX 850G, and the BIOS is version 3.2 Mode is UEFI and version/date is American Megatrends INC F30 9/7/2020 and i run windows 10 version is as follows (19044.1865)

Aug 3, 2022
^ You have BIOS updates pending, actually. The latest A.G.E.S.A BIOS update is F36e, try moving onto it and see if the issue is alleviated.
I've been trying since I read this comment but every time I try to launch the update it says it cant because of a compatibility issue with 10 64bit am I doing something wrong?

Aug 3, 2022
Do other titles exhibit the same behavior with ping? It could be title specific or perhaps server specific.
I would say that's the problem but I tend to be playing with friends on the same servers and they experience no issues that's why I'm at a huge loss... I'm just hoping its not my motherboard taking a crap on me

Lutfij

Titan
You state reinstalling your networking drivers, resource the latest from your motherboard maker's support site, then uninstall what you're working with, then manually reinstall with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 3, 2022
You state reinstalling your networking drivers, resource the latest from your motherboard maker's support site, then uninstall what you're working with, then manually reinstall with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right-click installer>Run as Administrator.
I've tried to avail sadly, unless I'm doing it wrong i go into my device management and uninstall the the network adapters and what not but still notice no difference

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Go into your network's properties by right-clicking on your ethernet network connection within Windows network & internet settings and click properties, then disable ipv6 and apply changes.
Next, open command prompt and type in each of the below lines, pressing enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Finally, reboot your pc and test it out.

And if this doesn't work, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus programs and any background programs that may utilize internet bandwidth, to see if they are the culprit.

Aug 3, 2022
Go into your network's properties by right-clicking on your ethernet network connection within Windows network & internet settings and click properties, then disable ipv6 and apply changes.
Next, open command prompt and type in each of the below lines, pressing enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Finally, reboot your pc and test it out.

And if this doesn't work, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus programs and any background programs that may utilize internet bandwidth, to see if they are the culprit.
sadly just tried all the above and to no avail it didnt help any