latitute c600

Hi,

how could i break the master password in the bios?
I got a used laptop, but i could not disable the build in mouse pad.
Is there any tool for that?

Bye
Joerg

--
no news today....

Joerg Jaeger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how could i break the master password in the bios?
> I got a used laptop, but i could not disable the build in mouse pad.
> Is there any tool for that?

It's called a telephone.

Use it to call Dell and prove you're the legal owner.

They'll help you get into the BIOS.

Notan

Sorry, but why does it always sound like someone is accused of having a
stolen laptop when this question is asked??? If I would have set mine I can
guarantee you that I would forget it. Maybe I wouldn't even know to call
Dell or ask them out of fear that they would charge me for the convenience
of calling them.

Ken Williams wrote:

> Sorry, but why does it always sound like someone is accused of having a
> stolen laptop when this question is asked??? If I would have set mine I can
> guarantee you that I would forget it. Maybe I wouldn't even know to call
> Dell or ask them out of fear that they would charge me for the convenience
> of calling them.

You seem a little defensive here.

Maybe I am just paranoid that someone might view something I've done as
illegal. But I think plenty of people are honest and just ignorant to the
solution to a problem.

I have never stolen anything from a store but am easily irritated when the
retard at walmart wants to look over my receipt before I can exit the store.
trust me I watch the cashiers like a hawk to make sure they don't rip me
off.

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> wrote in message
> Ken Williams wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but why does it always sound like someone is accused of having a
>> stolen laptop when this question is asked??? If I would have set mine I
>> can guarantee you that I would forget it. Maybe I wouldn't even know to
>> call Dell or ask them out of fear that they would charge me for the
>> convenience of calling them.
>
> You seem a little defensive here.

Because it probably is stolen.

"Ken Williams" <REMOVE-THIS_kwillmech1972@yahoo.com_FOR-ANTI-SPAM> wrote in
message news:LWYIe.31991$bp.15165@fed1read03...
> Sorry, but why does it always sound like someone is accused of having a
> stolen laptop when this question is asked??? If I would have set mine I
> can guarantee you that I would forget it. Maybe I wouldn't even know to
> call Dell or ask them out of fear that they would charge me for the
> convenience of calling them.

I guess you have to assume the worst.