bmlocal175

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Are there any LCD monitors out there now that can handle most of the new games out now. (Half-Life, Return to Caste Wolfenstein, etc.)

I have read where there are slight delays. Does the monitor have to be digital?

I am looking at the dell and gateway systems and was wondering if I should get a LCD or a CRT?

Going to be used for mainly gaming and viewing movies.

Pete

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
No, it doesn't have to be digital, although it shouldn't hurt. The delay is called response time which is how fast the lc's respond to an electric current to shift. Currently, response times for black to white and vice versa totally are 25ms. However, when one gets into the grey response times, where a lesser voltage is used, response time increase significantly. That is why moving objects don't look as sharp on lcd's, but if u wait till about the end of this year, a few new technologies are coming out that should remedy this.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

bmlocal175

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
So for extreme gaming stick with a CRT and upgrade in the future?

Also I have a dell monitor that i've had for about 5 years now should I use this one or get one of the new CRT's. I have noticed that it seems alot darker than it used to be.

Pete

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I use a 6 year old monitor right now. Maybe it would be a good idea to stick w/ the old crt, and get a better lcd w/ $$ u saved from not buying another crt when the new tech comes out.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek: