Question LCD Screen Chip - (resolved)

Mar 27, 2022
Hello, I was replacing the backlights to a Vizio TV. There was a small crack in the process at the bottom of the center of the screen. I assume that is what is causing a black line vertically in the center of the screen. Is there any hope to repairing this and getting the black line to go? Please see linked photo. The left side in this picture is where the crack is, and on the right is what it is supposed to look like.

wLpQkeP.jpg

Mar 27, 2022
Thank you for replying. Here is a picture I took from Thursday. While taking a few pictures, it accidentally went to video mode, so if necessary I could upload that to Youtube. It just shows the same thing basically without any other problems. I have been researching this for months. I also duplicated it where you get vertical lines if the tabs attached to the T-Con board are not aligned properly. That doesn't seem to me to be the cause of the problem.

iNfMPVV.jpg

Thank you for replying. Here is a picture I took from Thursday. While taking a few pictures, it accidentally went to video mode, so if necessary I could upload that to Youtube. It just shows the same thing basically without any other problems. I have been researching this for months. I also duplicated it where you get vertical lines if the tabs attached to the T-Con board are not aligned properly. That doesn't seem to me to be the cause of the problem.

iNfMPVV.jpg

Try to carfully disconnect then reconnect the cables, if the black line still persists, it's a physical damage on the LCD panel (leaking liquid), there is no fix for that except replacing the LCD panel.

But you can just leave it as is until you want to replace the TV.

Mar 27, 2022
I forgot to ask for confirmation as to whether or not the first image with the chip in the glass is most likely the cause of the black line or something else. In researching this, it appears the metal looking parts missing were sandwiched between two layers of thin glass making it impossible to repair/replace.