Leaked Slide details Intel's Lynx Point Chipset

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri4

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I agree with apache-lives on [citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]this is what AMD does -- look how far they get in performance and efficiency.[/citation] but still it is annoying to have to buy a new board each cpu upgrade even though the newer socket is part of the performance improvement some how with the last 2 or 3 they got the less pins to give out a higher performance.

[citation][nom]yumri4[/nom]I agree with apache-lives on but still it is annoying to have to buy a new board each cpu upgrade even though the newer socket is part of the performance improvement some how with the last 2 or 3 they got the less pins to give out a higher performance.[/citation]

Why are you upgrading your cpu so often then? I don't get it.

A year ago i bought my i7 2600k rig, a year later here now its still top end cause i spent a bit extra and in ~2 years ill probably end up buying a whole new rig once its obsolete -- i don't want to use an old crappy motherboard that's 3 years old to bring down my new rig (if it would even fit) why would i do that?

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I agree the cpu pin out is to prevent the incompatibility issues. They have moved some parts out of the motherboard and into the cpu. Will it really fix the bottlenecks or is it just to force us to upgrade the m/b and the cup at the same time.

We need AMD to play this annoyance and gain advantage over it. If they can keep the cpu pin out and just upgrade the motherboard. Its a plus for them.

Id actually like AMD to go further and put in bus to enable you to use your old CPU to some of the tasks in the background. It would be winner if the cost does not blow out.

[citation][nom]Duckhunt[/nom]I agree the cpu pin out is to prevent the incompatibility issues. They have moved some parts out of the motherboard and into the cpu. Will it really fix the bottlenecks or is it just to force us to upgrade the m/b and the cup at the same time.We need AMD to play this annoyance and gain advantage over it. If they can keep the cpu pin out and just upgrade the motherboard. Its a plus for them.Id actually like AMD to go further and put in bus to enable you to use your old CPU to some of the tasks in the background. It would be winner if the cost does not blow out.[/citation]

its for this very reason there so lacking in performance and efficiency - AMD needs to drop the compatibility legacy crap and build something new from the ground up, not hold back with old designs

Status
Not open for further replies.