[SOLVED] led lights won't turn on

Jan 26, 2021
Phanteks 5v led strip connected to Addressable LED Header, motherboard b450 elite, won't turn on, using fusion 2.0
not sure if the header is 5v or 12

Last edited:
Solution
Good. So we know the light string works. But in your machine it still does not? Have you tried it on the other D_LED header just in case? If it won't work on either header, maybe try Un-installing MSI Mystic Light, reboot, and re-Install to see if that helps.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
See your mobo manual p. 15. You have two D_LED headers - one on bottom edge to rear of middle, one on top right - with 3 pins in a (4-1) layout. For each right next to it is the DLED_VSW jumper set. Set each of those to the 5 V setting. The 12 V option is for an uncommon older design that required that voltage.

Reactions: finn crawford
Jan 26, 2021
I had two LED strips daisy-chained together, which wasn't working, so I tried plugging one stip in and it worked, so I thought two 5v strips would need a 10v header, both of my strips are now broken :)
thank you for trying to help.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Good. So we know the light string works. But in your machine it still does not? Have you tried it on the other D_LED header just in case? If it won't work on either header, maybe try Un-installing MSI Mystic Light, reboot, and re-Install to see if that helps.
Good job on that tactic, perhaps trying on multiple would indeed help in knowing if the header might be the problem or reveal potentially more issues to resolve.