[SOLVED] Lenovo H50-55 Upgrade?

Oct 24, 2020
Hi.

I have an prebuilt lenovo - H50-55 Desktop (Lenovo) - Type 90BF
Model - 90BF001WMT

I wonder if there is any chance that it is upgradeable? Like changing graphics card to improve my games instead of buying a new computer as of right now.

This is the specs:

dc12vVI.png

Solution
I could probably have around 1000usd within 2 months depending if i can sell this one for a little aswell.

I been thinking to build my own in the future, but will probably do that now instead just because my computer doesn't want to work for the games i play anymore. Do you have any tips on easy way or something to know how the components will fit together? as i am new to putting a computer together :)

If you can get 500 in US equality of parts, you can build a new system. Both your CPU and video card are issues for many games, the power supply may prevent any decent video cards to be run and the motherboard power supply connector is not a standard one which means upgrading that would need an adapter, and seeing how the CPU...
It is upgradeable, though the furthest you could push the platform without uprooting everything is certainly limited. Bumping up the GPU could in practical terms require a corresponding upgrade to the power supply. Then the most advanced GPU that would be worthwhile to pair with that CPU isn't that fast by current standards (even if it would wipe the floor with a 730). Upgrading that CPU really isn't practical without replacing the board, in turn requiring new RAM, etc.

For a more specific answer, do have a budget in whatever currency (and what store is available)?

Oct 24, 2020
Thank you for answering.

My budget stretch as far as 500usd!
As i live in sweden, i probably don't use the same store as you :)
but feel free to show me what i can do or if it's just better buy an computer when possible!

That budget approaches the point where it's clearly better building a faster system from the ground up. If you saved up a bit more, and possibly tossed in a bit from the sale of the current stuff for a few bones, how much further could you go? I'd have to debate a small upgrade immediately vs a much larger one, after some waiting.

Oct 24, 2020
I could probably have around 1000usd within 2 months depending if i can sell this one for a little aswell.

I been thinking to build my own in the future, but will probably do that now instead just because my computer doesn't want to work for the games i play anymore. Do you have any tips on easy way or something to know how the components will fit together? as i am new to putting a computer together :)

Well, you can consider something like this part list (not sure what the availability or pricing would be locally, so don't take it as gospel) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pMjCbh

As far as construction, it's not really complicated. There are plenty of tutorials online, and the parts more or less fit together into particular slots made to match each other. Once the hardware is together, do a quick test boot to make sure it starts than you can plug in a flash drive prepared with the latest Windows version from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, do a reboot and it should boot to that drive , and put in the key purchased from any legitimate locally available reseller when prompted and start running it

If you can get 500 in US equality of parts, you can build a new system. Both your CPU and video card are issues for many games, the power supply may prevent any decent video cards to be run and the motherboard power supply connector is not a standard one which means upgrading that would need an adapter, and seeing how the CPU is not going to get better without a full system upgrade that would be a bit of a waste anyway.

Right now my favorite price/speed CPU is the Ryzen 5 2600 https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Processo...0&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

Building a system around that and with something like a 1660 super will get you a great system for 1080 gaming at good speeds, even if going with a 144hz monitor.

Solution