[SOLVED] Lenovo ThinkCentre 'M83 CPU Upgrade

Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone!
I've bought an I5-4460 for my Brand Pc. The current CPU is a Pentium G3220. The problem is that the computer does not start with the I5. The motherboard is a Lenovo IS8XM Rev 1.0. I've installed the latest BIOS. The socket is 1150, theorically they are compatible. Thank you for your help.
Szabi

Solution
Might I ask how you updated the BIOS prior to dropping in the i5-4460? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Also, how old is the PSU in the system? In realty the socket is the same but the results for your motherboard and the prebuilt come up varying. You sure it's an M83 and not an M93? What form factor are you working with, for the prebuilt system?
I've got the serial number for the pc, so I've downloaded the latest BIOS update from the Lenovo support page and installed it in cmd. There is no harm on the socket. What do you mean by "form factor"?

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask how you updated the BIOS prior to dropping in the i5-4460? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. Also, how old is the PSU in the system? In realty the socket is the same but the results for your motherboard and the prebuilt come up varying. You sure it's an M83 and not an M93? What form factor are you working with, for the prebuilt system?

Dec 10, 2019
I've got the serial number for the pc, so I've downloaded the latest BIOS update from the Lenovo support page and installed it in cmd. There is no harm on the socket. What do you mean by "form factor"?

Solution