Let's get the ball rolling!

G

Hi Everyone!

I recently got a T-Bird 1000, with 2 X 128 Megs (PC100 & PC133) Asus A7V, IBM Deskstar 45 Gig. My question is what graphics card should I get that will make use of my CPU. I am inquiring about either GeForce GTS or MX models and which one is the best for gaming in 3D (Quake 3, UT, NOLF etc). Currently I have an Asus 3400 TNT! which is only cabable of 55 FPS in 640X480 on a 19" using Win2K! I want to play games around 1024 or even 1280. Is an MX card cabable of doing this, or will the GTS make a much better choice. I am aware that the NV20 is probably coming out in March so I don't know if that is worth the wait because it will put some of the high-end 64 Meg cards within reach of most gamers. I appreciate any advice anyone has about this.

Also, I read somewhere that if you have PC100, you can't use AGP 4X as that ram doesn't provide enough bandwidth. Should I just sell my PC100 and replace it with PC133. Would this be a wise decision?

TIA

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Draylox on 01/01/01 12:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

You should read the benchmarks on this website. Tom has done at least a couple with the GF2MX.

The GF2MX CAN handle those resolutions nicely in today's games. But yes, the GF2 is better. Ask yourself... spend $100 on a GF2MX, or $160 on a GF2?

http://www.pricewatch.com for great prices.

G

weird! my tnt on a 550MHz celeron gives me 55fps in games but in 800x600. i guess its just that win2k sucks for games :( if you get win 95b or 98 youll double your fps on yer tnt

TRENDING THREADS