Question LG 24GM79G-B vs ASUS VG248QE vs BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P?

Sep 13, 2019
I want to get a 2nd 144hz monitor to replace my 75hz ips one. My other monitor is the asus vg248qe, had it for 2 years now and i am completely satisfied with it, but both the lg and benq models i linked are cheaper in my area by like a good 9 to 10%.
I read from a number of forum users that the asus is old and thus a newer model would be better, but anywhere i look for the stats they all seem completely equal to me.

Main interest is the 24GM79G-B, as i like how it looks a lot, i am just afraid if there would be any problems compared to the asus one. My concern is that things don't cost cheaper by a good margin for no reason at all, right?

Would really appreciate some feedback from someone who has seen a live comparison between either the asus vs lg or asus vs benq zowie ones! :)

Lutfij

Titan
I'd pick the Zowie unit or the Asus. The LG unit has a problematic GUI, IMHO. Actually I'd like to argue that price isn't everything when it comes to buying hardware. SOmetimes competitiors fighting eachother in a segment can equate to lower prices for the customer, provided they don't cut too many corners to meet that price point.

Might I ask where you're located?

Reactions: Tamatu
Sep 13, 2019
I'd pick the Zowie unit or the Asus. The LG unit has a problematic GUI, IMHO. Actually I'd like to argue that price isn't everything when it comes to buying hardware. SOmetimes competitiors fighting eachother in a segment can equate to lower prices for the customer, provided they don't cut too many corners to meet that price point.

Might I ask where you're located?
The asus's gui is also pretty bad imho, been using it for 2 years now and its still not that comfy to use.

I'm located in hungary, prices are often messed up here. Some great competitor options are not even available in my country, that's why it boiled down to these 3 monitors.

Might end up getting the asus again if there isnt a clear winner, but i will have to scrub down those disgusting 3d stickers again, lmao.