Question Lia Li Lancool III Side Panel Won't Close

robosodope

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Hey ya'll so I'm close to finishing my build but I've run into a weird problem where the glass panels on my case can't close due to the bottom panel blocking it's clearance.

When I first started the build I completelty screwed out the panel brackets instead of just sliding them off (just me being dumb). But that means at one point everything did fit and closed just fine.

So now I've been staring at this seemingly broken case for 2 hours wondering how I did this. If anyone has an idea I'd really appreciate it!
Here are pics

Edit*

The more I look at it the more it seems I have a defective case. Here's a pic. But the case came closed and I opened the panels to take them off, I'm actually losing my mind.

Last edited:
Solution
TLDR: bottom panel hinges have really bendy metal and came out of place

Hey ya'll after hours upon hours of looking around I finally found the solution. First off I want to say I thought I was losing my damn mind because it worked perfectly out of the box and a few hours later I'm left with a finished build that I thought I had to completely tear apart. BUT PERSISTANCE WINS!

Anyways...after looking at a bunch case reviews for the Lancool III and pictures I finally noticed that the glass panel on mine was actually in the right spot but the bottom panel was too high. Then I found a close-up of the bottom panel and saw that the metal loops that surrounds the hinges at the bottom were bent out of place. The crazy thing is they were bent...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you tighten the hinge screws before inserting glass panel back? If so, slacken off the screws and you should be able to align the glass panel properly then tighten screws one by one.

Best do this laying case flat so glass panel doesn't hang.

robosodope

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Did you tighten the hinge screws before inserting glass panel back? If so, slacken off the screws and you should be able to align the glass panel properly then tighten screws one by one.

Best do this laying case flat so glass panel doesn't hang.
I cant really align the glass panel as it just slides to the furthest point on the hinge. There are also specific screws given for the hinges that only go into those two holes shown in the pictures, so I'm also not able to really adjust the height. There's also a latch mechanism that lines up fine now just without the bottom panel. It's really weird because it I'm putting it back seemingly how I took it off.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I have mesh 2 performance so i know what you mean. Still, with the four screws not tight and panel slid on all the way do the hinges move at all with the panel? There would be some small movement. If panel closes properly like this then tighten the four screws when panel is in the best position.

robosodope

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
I have mesh 2 performance so i know what you mean. Still, with the four screws not tight and panel slid on all the way do the hinges move at all with the panel? There would be some small movement. If panel closes properly like this then tighten the four screws when panel is in the best position.
I can get the side panel to lock in to the latching mechanism when the bottom panel is up but the whole panel is slightly raised and is pushing on the bottom panel a lot, like it definitely should not be this hard to push it in. I can also only do that when it's laying on it's side. I put in an edited picture to show that it's definitely below what I've seen online. And maybe have like 1 mm of wiggle room with the screws not the 1cm that it looks like I need.

D

Deleted member 2838871

I had a somewhat similar problem with my MSI case... the hinged glass door would close... but wouldn't stay closed due to the extreme close proximity of the air cooler. The cooler basically touches the glass... it's that close. (The specs said there was more clearance... I did check)

ko4GlZ8.jpg

So anyway I improvised and added velcro strips as seen here. They can't be seen when the door is closed because the black trim around the door covers the velcro.

Now the door stays securely closed and I can open normally as needed.

(Yoda was also an improvisation... didn't like the anti-sag bracket that came with the card.)

Reactions: robosodope

robosodope

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
TLDR: bottom panel hinges have really bendy metal and came out of place

Hey ya'll after hours upon hours of looking around I finally found the solution. First off I want to say I thought I was losing my damn mind because it worked perfectly out of the box and a few hours later I'm left with a finished build that I thought I had to completely tear apart. BUT PERSISTANCE WINS!

Anyways...after looking at a bunch case reviews for the Lancool III and pictures I finally noticed that the glass panel on mine was actually in the right spot but the bottom panel was too high. Then I found a close-up of the bottom panel and saw that the metal loops that surrounds the hinges at the bottom were bent out of place. The crazy thing is they were bent out of place on both sides of the case. All it took was pushing it back into place with my thumb. Sooo yeah, these hinges are pretty susceptible to moving around FYI for anyone who comes across this issue!

picture of what i mean

Thanks for everyone who gave it a shot trying to help xoxo

Bye bye :)

Reactions: Rokinamerica
Solution