[SOLVED] LIAN LI 011 AIR w/ 12 Fans

Pepper_m

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Hi,

I have a LIAN LI 011 AIR and I've managed to pick up a lot of Arctic P12's for cheap so have just installed them all in this case.

Of course it's overkill but I want to find out is this setup actually doing more harm than good and for example the 3 fans in the bottom right going in,up and out is that completely ineffective?

Would someone be able to draw me the direction of cold/hot air flow?

Thanks.

T3CZ4XZ.jpg

Solution
Ok, so everything's exhaust.

It's fine if nothing's overheating, just... what's the word? Redundant..? Ehh, maybe not that one...
I know all those fans aren't necessary.

1)Front or side intake, 3x 120mm.
Pick one, and seal off the other, so air can't easily escape.
Or make both intake if you don't want to do the above - it adds more noise and 3 more cables for management.

2)Bottom. Nothing is needed here at all.
The bottom is the most restrictive in regards to airflow; the 'floor' is too close to the floor.
While you do have P12s, you're going to have to brute force it to get any reasonable air in through the bottom. Contributes more noise than actually cooling.

3)Top.
Remove the far right one; it's useless.

4)Rear.
I guess you can...

Pepper_m

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for the response,

I've added another image. The top fans are also facing 'open side' based on your image?

Is this ideal then if they are all exhaust or should I flip certain ones around?

efbl7Sw.jpg

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, so everything's exhaust.

It's fine if nothing's overheating, just... what's the word? Redundant..? Ehh, maybe not that one...
I know all those fans aren't necessary.

1)Front or side intake, 3x 120mm.
Pick one, and seal off the other, so air can't easily escape.
Or make both intake if you don't want to do the above - it adds more noise and 3 more cables for management.

2)Bottom. Nothing is needed here at all.
The bottom is the most restrictive in regards to airflow; the 'floor' is too close to the floor.
While you do have P12s, you're going to have to brute force it to get any reasonable air in through the bottom. Contributes more noise than actually cooling.

3)Top.
Remove the far right one; it's useless.

4)Rear.
I guess you can leave it as is, but the upper fan is pretty useless jammed between the other 2 fans.

Reactions: Pepper_m
Solution

Pepper_m

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks again for the response.

Nothing is overheating and really at worst I'll peak at 70C when heavy gaming.

I really just wanted to see if I was making a complete mistake or anything so I'll take all your points into consideration and figure something out.