Hi
I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM Adda
fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
little more.
Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
Thanks
Ken'

Paul

Splendid

In article <xbSdnUIWz92Vis7fRVn-pA@golden.net>, "Ken'" <kft34@golden.net> wrote:

> Hi
> I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM Adda
> fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
> little more.
> Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
> detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
> Thanks
> Ken'

Their part numbering scheme is shown in the GIF below:

http://www.adda.com.tw/products/index.htm
http://www.adda.com.tw/products/Fan%20numbering.gif

The options table is expanded with more detail here:
http://www.addausa.com/options/options-index.html

PDFs with model numbers are here:
http://www.addausa.com/specification_index.html

What you need now, is a closeup photo of the fans, so you can
get a part number off the fans, and compare to the PDF
part list.

Paul

http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews_video.htm

has a video review you might see the answer.

My 6077 has three wire fans.

Why not ask the seller you intend getting it from they would be happy to
check?

"Ken'" <kft34@golden.net> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM
Adda
> fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
> little more.
> Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
> detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
> Thanks
> Ken'

The rear fan does, the blow hole fan and the two front fans are two wire.
You might want to check the PC-7 box, which has 1-120 in the front and an 80
in the rear and a blowhole for a third. I have both boxes and like the PC-7
more

Ken' wrote:

> Hi
> I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM Adda
> fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
> little more.
> Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
> detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
> Thanks
> Ken'

front fans are switch controlled, 3 positions. lo med high

Paul

Splendid

<kft34@golden.net> wrote:

> > Hi
> > I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM Adda
> > fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
> > little more.
> > Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
> > detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
> > Thanks
> > Ken'
>
> Their part numbering scheme is shown in the GIF below:
>
> http://www.adda.com.tw/products/index.htm
> http://www.adda.com.tw/products/Fan%20numbering.gif
>
> The options table is expanded with more detail here:
> http://www.addausa.com/options/options-index.html
>
> PDFs with model numbers are here:
> http://www.addausa.com/specification_index.html
>
> What you need now, is a closeup photo of the fans, so you can
> get a part number off the fans, and compare to the PDF
> part list.
>
> Paul

This article has pictures:
http://www.xtrememods.com/reviews.php?id=2&page=3

The front fan assembly looks similar to a posting made
here not too long ago. The OP in that thread, said those
fans are AD0812MS-A76GL, and they have a tachometer signal.
The ADDA site lists them as option 6, which is really a
tacho signal.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?threadm=ctkr311v9gmgnf9b8qghbkg462bro4hv2i%404ax.com

The rear fan looks to have three wires, but it is hard to
tell if the wires are the same color as the front fans.
And I still don't have a picture of the blowhole fan.

But, the thing is, there aren't going to be enough fan headers
on your motherboard, to monitor all four fans. Even if all
the fans have tacho, you are going to have to choose which
ones are monitored.

If all the fans have tacho, you might consider a Digidoc5.
I don't know if these are still made or not.

http://www.envynews.com/index.php?ID=257&page=

http://mikhailtech.com/articles/other/digidoc5/DigiDoc%205%20Review.htm
"The Ddoc reads the rpm of the 3-wires fans, and emits an
acoustic and visual alarm when the rpm drops below 500, but
you can disable this function for 2-wires fans, like the
panflos that many have, use and love."

HTH,
Paul

The video I linked to shows this . Good luck nice case

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Ken' wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4, 80MM
>> Adda
>> fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can overtclock it a
>> little more.
>> Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
>> detection? Their web site has very little information on it.
>> Thanks
>> Ken'
>
> front fans are switch controlled, 3 positions. lo med high

David

Ken wrote...
> Hi
> I am thinking of getting a Lian Li case 61 USB that comes with 4,
> 80MM Adda fans, so I can cool my system a little better so I can
> overtclock it a little more.
> Does anyone know if the Adda case fans have the third wire for RPM
> detection? Their web site has very little information on it.

Another Lian Li case fan question...

I have a Lian Li PC-65B case and it has four 2 wire Adda case fans.
I want to replace all these fans with LED case fans. My problem is,
the fans are attached with plastic pins that look like they will be
easily damaged if I attempt to remove them.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should remove the plastic
pins?

Thanks in advance,

David
Greenville, NC

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:07:39 -0400, "Ðavïd" <one.DM3@esn.net> wrote:

> I have a Lian Li PC-65B case and it has four 2 wire Adda case fans.
> I want to replace all these fans with LED case fans. My problem is,
> the fans are attached with plastic pins that look like they will be
> easily damaged if I attempt to remove them.
>
> Does anyone have any advice on how I should remove the plastic
> pins?

Push out the little pin in the center of this "plastic device".
It is barely visible. Then it is easy to remove.

David

Ken wrote...
> Push out the little pin in the center of this "plastic device".
> It is barely visible. Then it is easy to remove.

I just did it!!! Pushed it out with my fingernail and the pin came
out so *EASY* it made me feel like I had asked this group a stupid
question. I wasn't sure and with past experience, I've learned to ask
before tearing up something.

Thanks for the advice!!!

David
Greenville, NC

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:04:44 -0400, "Ðavïd" <one.DM3@esn.net> wrote:

> > Push out the little pin in the center of this "plastic device".
> > It is barely visible. Then it is easy to remove.
>
> I just did it!!! Pushed it out with my fingernail and the pin came
> out so *EASY* it made me feel like I had asked this group a stupid
> question.

That was not a stupid question.

> I wasn't sure and with past experience, I've learned to ask
> before tearing up something.

Yes, it's better to ask.

> Thanks for the advice!!!

You are welcome.