[SOLVED] Lian-Li Galahad not cooling CPU whatsoever

Nov 27, 2021
So I bought a pc about 6 months ago and a few weeks ago i noticed that temps were very high while gaming for extended periods ( like in the high 80s)

I only have a 5600x so I was very confused as to how this 360mm AIO was failing to cool it.

I decided to rotate the radiator 180 degrees to have the tubes enter towards the front of the case (it is top-mounted).

That seemed to fix the problem for a while as I was getting around 60 degrees in the same games. However, over a few days the temps seemed to slowly increase until they were again at 70-80 degrees.

I then remounted the heatsink and, again, it temporarily solved the issue and, again, the temps slowly rose over time.

Yesterday I decided to re-apply some new thermal paste (I washed off the old stuff) and now no cooling is happening at all.

I am at a complete loss as to what has happened, the symptoms seem to suggest that the heatsink is only in slight contact with the cpu but i dont know how this is possible as I have remounted multiple times

The pump definitely working and I can feel some heat in the outgoing tube. I am currently considering just installing the stock cooler but it seems like a waste of the AIO (I understand a 360mm AIO for a 5600x is already waste lol.)

what are your average idle & basic browsing temps?
a few weeks ago i noticed that temps were very high while gaming
possible that your fan speed curve is not sufficient,
the fans and/or radiator are not mounted as they should be,
you're not getting enough cool air into the system for proper heat exchange,
that your CPU is getting too much voltage,
that your CPU block isn't seated properly due to stripped standoffs/thumbscrews/etc,
or possibly the thermal paste just isn't sufficient and degrades too quickly...

there's tons of issues that can cause the symptoms your describing.

p.s. only a single line space is required to space your sentences apart, not 4 or 5.

Nov 27, 2021
Yeah so I got it, the issue was an incorrect mount, I literally have no clue how I had it mounted before and to be honest I dont know what I did differently this mount but oh well, problem solved.

At least I learned to use the enter key more sparingly, thanks for your reply

Dec 1, 2021
Yeah so I got it, the issue was an incorrect mount, I literally have no clue how I had it mounted before and to be honest I dont know what I did differently this mount but oh well, problem solved.

At least I learned to use the enter key more sparingly, thanks for your reply

Can you please tell me exactly what you did... Im having the same issue with the same AIO

I built my computer about 6 months ago and the same sequence it happened to you , happened to me.

my pump was position like this O= (tubes going in from the right) for 6 months.

When the problems started to happened I repositioned like this O
II
(tubes going in from the bottom)

...seemed to fixed the issue but after 2 days the temps started to rise again.

Thats why I was wondering how did you fixed the issue?

Can you please tell me

Thanks

Nov 27, 2021
Can you please tell me exactly what you did... Im having the same issue with the same AIO

I built my computer about 6 months ago and the same sequence it happened to you , happened to me.

my pump was position like this O= (tubes going in from the right) for 6 months.

When the problems started to happened I repositioned like this O
II
(tubes going in from the bottom)

...seemed to fixed the issue but after 2 days the temps started to rise again.

Thats why I was wondering how did you fixed the issue?

Can you please tell me

Thanks
I am really unsure as to what fixed it but it is possible that there was a blockage of air in the pump that I dislodged while remounting it, I would recommend shaking the pump block or ideally running it while it is not mounted to the cpu (if you have another cooler handy or are willing to risk an uncovered cpu booting for a few seconds although I would really advise against this). That particular mount I made sure to leave the standoffs as loose as possible on the bracket and only fully seat the heatsink after the hooks were secured to ensure a nice spread of thermal paste but I doubt poor paste coverage would have such a profound effect.

Sorry that I cant be of more help but the air block seems like the most likely offender because the heatsink was definitely in contact with the cpu adn I had noticed the part of the 'outbound' tube closest to the pump block seemed to be hot. It also would be notable that air would find it difficult to escape the pump block were the tubes facing downwards as of course air will rise in water, that might explain the increase in temps over a couple of days.

Dec 1, 2021
I am really unsure as to what fixed it but it is possible that there was a blockage of air in the pump that I dislodged while remounting it, I would recommend shaking the pump block or ideally running it while it is not mounted to the cpu (if you have another cooler handy or are willing to risk an uncovered cpu booting for a few seconds although I would really advise against this). That particular mount I made sure to leave the standoffs as loose as possible on the bracket and only fully seat the heatsink after the hooks were secured to ensure a nice spread of thermal paste but I doubt poor paste coverage would have such a profound effect.

Sorry that I cant be of more help but the air block seems like the most likely offender because the heatsink was definitely in contact with the cpu adn I had noticed the part of the 'outbound' tube closest to the pump block seemed to be hot. It also would be notable that air would find it difficult to escape the pump block were the tubes facing downwards as of course air will rise in water, that might explain the increase in temps over a couple of days.

Thank you so much for your reply

I definately gonna give a look at the pump and give it a shake. Also im gonna remount it and try to see if its sitting correctly. I think it is .. this never happened to me before.. But Im gonna make sure is sitting correctly.

Thanks for you tips!

Dec 1, 2021
Hey I think it was not sitting correctly.. Now the temps are great.

Im gonna test it for 1 week and then I'll confirm if it was this.

Thanks again!