Question Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB fans not syncing with motherboard

Feb 21, 2024
Recently I build my first pc and I love everything about it! Only thing that bugs me is the case fans that came with the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Type C RGB do not sync with the motherboard controls. I replaced the included fans with the fans from the Lian Li Galahad II Trinity, and have the tree included fans in the rear for exhaust and have the RGB in a 3pin RGB header that's connected to the case RGB controller. The RGB works with the case controller, but does not sync with my motherboard, the MSI Z790-A Pro Wifi DDR4. Lian Li states that the 8th option on the case controller should have it synced to the motherboard, but it is just turned off for me. I updated all software and have switched RGB headers but it still does not sync. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Press the M button, which is mode, 8 times, the 8th time will allow the fans to all sync up with your motherboard but I doubt you're going to get any control off the motherboard when you want a particular color since I never got it to work when I worked off an Asus B550-A Gaming in the LanCool Mesh II RGB chassis.

Feb 21, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Press the M button, which is mode, 8 times, the 8th time will allow the fans to all sync up with your motherboard but I doubt you're going to get any control off the motherboard when you want a particular color since I never got it to work when I worked off an Asus B550-A Gaming in the LanCool Mesh II RGB chassis.
Yeah, I've tried that. Sadly, it didn't work for me either. Should I just get the Lian Li ST120 fans to replace them too? Found them at a local micro center for $40. Thanks for the help anyway!