Question Lian Li Lighting Issues with Asus Rog Motherboard

jovemar21693

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hi,

As per my query, I have recently installed in my system 1 unifan sl140, 3 sl120, 24pin stimer and 3x 8pin strimer. When using these components on their own customization, L-connect for the uni fans and the controller for the stimers, they function normally and show the correct rgb light or style but upon syncing them with the motherboard and editing it via asus armoury crate, the lights or style for them are only halfway. For the unifans, only half of the led will display what is being controlled by armoury crate while the other half still shows the previous color/style from L-connect while the strimer only has lights at about 1/4 of the stimer the rest has no light at all. So I am wondering, if it is a compability issue but I think lian li works with asus motherboards, so asking for any help or suggestions on how to fix it. Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Model for your Asus motherboard? What BIOS version are you working with? Recheck that you've connected the cable in the right orientation on the motherboard. Also, which version of Armory Crate are you working with? Are you running L-connect in an elevated command, i.e, Right click app>Run as Administrator?

jovemar21693

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Model for your Asus motherboard? What BIOS version are you working with? Recheck that you've connected the cable in the right orientation on the motherboard. Also, which version of Armory Crate are you working with? Are you running L-connect in an elevated command, i.e, Right click app>Run as Administrator?
my motherboard is z490- A gaming, bios ver 0607. I think the cables are connected to the right ports as a friend also helped me installing them. Armoury crate is updated and tried running L-connect again as an admin but still the same. As for the strimers, they can't be edited via L-Connect.