Link to negative Gateway horror stories

I read that story and some of the replies to it...scared the bejezus
out of me, but to be honest.....I really haven't had any trouble with
Gateways. I bought one in '99 (which I'm using at this moment), and
another just a couple months ago (my digital darkroom). My daughter
has a Gateway, which had a problem with the mobo (and they replaced
at the Country Store about 2 yrs ago), but otherwise these are still
in good shape. I don't know if I'll ever buy another pc from a "name"
vendor though, as I might have a good friend build me one instead.
I'm just here to say I've had good use from my Gateways. Too bad the
quality and service has gone down though....seems to be the way most
of the large vendors are going.

I read that story and some of the replies to it...scared the bejezus
out of me, but to be honest.....I really haven't had any trouble with
Gateways. I bought one in '97 one in '99 (which I'm using at this
moment), and another just a couple months ago (my digital darkroom).
My daughter has a Gateway, which had a problem with the mobo (and
they replaced at the Country Store about 2 yrs ago), but otherwise
these are still in good shape. I don't know if I'll ever buy another
pc from a "name" vendor though, as I might have a good friend build
me one instead. I'm just here to say I've had good use from my
Gateways. Too bad the quality and service has gone down
though....seems to be the way most of the large vendors are going.

i have bben in retail now for 20 years
i readed this story as well
i have a few points to make
1 he never stated when it started to freeze
2 he got ram did anyone ever think to remove it an see if was going to
freeze

this seems to be failt on both sides

and last why did he not call the non toll free number to gateway corp
bet he would have gotten his system replaced real fast then
just my 2 cents