[SOLVED] live kernel event 117 and 114

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
recently ive been plating the new call of duty black ops cold war and the game crashes alot and i look in the view reliability and it says live kernel event 114 but when my game crashed last night it reset my whole pc and also whenever it get the other error code the game just crashes but my monitors display goes on and off i also found the bucket id in the live kernel events reports in my windows folder it says
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_BANK0_MSCOD0002_MCACOD010B_PCC_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys

this is very frustrating because i dont know if i have a bad part or if its just the drivers

Last edited:
Solution
(i mention this because of you mention AuthenticAMD.sys in your bugcheck)
to make issues more complex, there i think AMD released some bad CPU patches that are causing system crashes on machines.
if microsoft picked up the patches and put them in their windows CPU specific microcode patch file
AuthenticAMD.sys Then you would get various crashes of your system.
I do think microsoft error reporting would pick up any memory dump and move it to the error reporting system then if microsoft has a fix they would put it in the windows update download (check optional updates and driver updates->download and install.

Most of the problems I see in the last week or so are only with people using AMD OEM processors from the china market. It...

Colif

Win 11 Master
that looks like a BSOD

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

recently ive been plating the new call of duty black ops cold war and the game crashes alot and i look in the view reliability and it says live kernel event 114 but when my game crashed last night it reset my whole pc and also whenever it get the other error code the game just crashes but my monitors display goes on and off i also found the bucket id in the live kernel events reports in my windows folder it says
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_BANK0_MSCOD0002_MCACOD010B_PCC_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys

this is very frustrating because i dont know if i have a bad part or if its just the drivers
basically the cpu detected a error in one of its internal cache memory banks.
this can happen if the cpu is running at the wrong speed /voltage or is overheating.
this can also happen due to power issues to the GPU.

generally you would first remove any CPU or GPU overclocking, make sure all of the CPU and GPU fans are running at full speed
and monitor your GPU and CPU temps.

if your system was able to make a minidump, it can help narrow down the problem if you put it on a server so it can be looked at with a windows debugger. AuthenticAMD.sys is the Microsoft AMD CPU microcode patch bugchecks with this could mean a bad patch for your CPU has been released from AMD to microsoft then microsoft pushed out the patch to your machine via windows update.
If so, then windows error reporting should report this and you should check for windows updates to see if there is a new update for your machine. Some people turn off windows error reporting and would never get the update.

Colif

Win 11 Master
folder is created after a BSOD, not before.

Some people turn off windows error reporting and would never get the update.
hide head in sand, can't see errors if they aren't reported. Our heater was showing errors so we rang for advice and they showed us how to stop it reporting errors... that doesn't fix problem.

how do i know if my cpu is oc
programs like CPU-Z may show if you overclocked now
if system creates a dump, it will show it in there as well.
only real way is to look in the bios and check the speed of your CPU there against its base and max speed on AMD website for CPU (I would link it if i knew what you had)

why did amd make a RX 5700XT and a R7 5700x... one is a GPU, the other a CPU. they better not refresh the CPU like they did the XT series as I can see confusion ahead.

is it possible that is can just be the game?
The game can trigger the problem but it will not be the actual cause.
for example a game can run on a gpu, the gpu heats up, when the GPU heats up it draws more power from the motherboard slot, if it hits the max power from the motherboard slot then the motherboard protection circuit kicks in and resets the CPU. (this case you most likely will not get a minidump)
often after the reset the motherboard does not delay the CPU from just restarting. If the CPU restarts before the power is stable then the CPU can get corruptions of data as data transfers between the levels of the CPU cache. The CPU memory controller detects the corruption and calls a panic bugcheck to stop the system. You might get a minidump in this case or you might not (depending on your storage system and how much cache it has and if lazy writes are turned on) bugcheck 0x124 are a special case of memory dumps.
having the memory dump will show if you have overclocking drivers installed, or if you have two overclock drivers installed, it also shows the system up timer. Often a motherboard can reset the CPU and start booting windows before people realize the system rebooted before the bugcheck that happens on the reboot.
generally if you have a overheating related power issue the system up timer will be longer more than a minute.
if the system timer indicates less that say 15 seconds then the motherboard circuit most likely reset the cpu.
(often you see system up time of 2 to 5 seconds in this case.)

There are now many more things that can cause bugcheck 0x124 most often you have to look at parameter 1 to figure out the cause.
0 means the cpu called the bugcheck but the bugcheck can be called by other devices now, anything connected to the PCI/e bus like the GPU, or the newer USB subsystems.

The game can trigger the problem but it will not be the actual cause.
for example a game can run on a gpu, the gpu heats up, when the GPU heats up it draws more power from the motherboard slot, if it hits the max power from the motherboard slot then the motherboard protection circuit kicks in and resets the CPU. (this case you most likely will not get a minidump)
often after the reset the motherboard does not delay the CPU from just restarting. If the CPU restarts before the power is stable then the CPU can get corruptions of data as data transfers between the levels of the CPU cache. The CPU memory controller detects the corruption and calls a panic bugcheck to stop the system. You might get a minidump in this case or you might not (depending on your storage system and how much cache it has and if lazy writes are turned on) bugcheck 0x124 are a special case of memory dumps.
having the memory dump will show if you have overclocking drivers installed, or if you have two overclock drivers installed, it also shows the system up timer. Often a motherboard can reset the CPU and start booting windows before people realize the system rebooted before the bugcheck that happens on the reboot.
generally if you have a overheating related power issue the system up timer will be longer more than a minute.
if the system timer indicates less that say 15 seconds then the motherboard circuit most likely reset the cpu.
(often you see system up time of 2 to 5 seconds in this case.)

There are now many more things that can cause bugcheck 0x124 most often you have to look at parameter 1 to figure out the cause.
0 means the cpu called the bugcheck but the bugcheck can be called by other devices now, anything connected to the PCI/e bus like the GPU, or the newer USB subsystems.

(i mention this because of you mention AuthenticAMD.sys in your bugcheck)
to make issues more complex, there i think AMD released some bad CPU patches that are causing system crashes on machines.
if microsoft picked up the patches and put them in their windows CPU specific microcode patch file
AuthenticAMD.sys Then you would get various crashes of your system.
I do think microsoft error reporting would pick up any memory dump and move it to the error reporting system then if microsoft has a fix they would put it in the windows update download (check optional updates and driver updates->download and install.

Most of the problems I see in the last week or so are only with people using AMD OEM processors from the china market. It looks like these hit the grey market and now you can get them from places like newegg or amazon.
They have a special chip version numbers and I can not find any known bug list for these CPUs.

Solution

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
so ive been playing my game and so far no BSOD but its back to its original problem which the game just crashes and its says scan and repair and i look in the view reliability in windows and it says live kernel evet 141

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
and also i think i was getting crashes to my whole pc because in the game i had my render resolution set to 120 by accident instead of 100 which i think it was causing my gpu to use alot more power