Local Wi-Fi Bandwidth Usage to Double by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Do we really need a news article every time some analyst makes some prediction that is completely obvious to almost everyone? Everyone knows that bandwidth usage (no matter the type) is steadily increasing and will continue to increase. How is this news?

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom]Do we really need a news article every time some analyst makes some prediction that is completely obvious to almost everyone? Everyone knows that bandwidth usage (no matter the type) is steadily increasing and will continue to increase. How is this news?[/citation]

In other news, Americans are getting fatter by the second, and everyone is 1 day closer to dying

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I'm not very concerned with Wi-Fi speeds. I am concerned with internet speeds, bandwidth caps, and excessively expensive internet plans from ISPs

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom]Do we really need a news article every time some analyst makes some prediction that is completely obvious to almost everyone? Everyone knows that bandwidth usage (no matter the type) is steadily increasing and will continue to increase. How is this news?[/citation]

Somewhere, and analyst knew you were going to say that.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Maybe WiFi will get the the point to where we don't need these wireless cell carriers. Patent a new P2P WiFi specification and create a "grid" across the country.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I'd rather be hard wired in, but I can't always have what I want. Besides, my internet speeds aren't fast enough for it to matter right. *Cough* Greedy Bastards *cough*

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Simple solution: Cap and throttle the heck out of the internet connections, and throw in price gouging.

No need to upgrade bandwidth if it cost an arm and a leg to get an "fast and unlimited" internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.