[SOLVED] Log / history for previously installed software?

Oblivion77

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Hello everyone

I have installed different kind of software on my system, throughout the last year. Often I had to delete or re-install some of the software, because of lack of space on my SSD. I use Windows 10 home.

Where can I see, what software previously was installed on my system, that is now deleted?
Is there some kind of log?

I have tried to look in Eventviewer, but I am not sure what to look for.

I could search my system using Explorer or a file-recovering-software for .exe files
Look in my Download folder
Look in my browser history

Thank you in advance for replying

Best regards

Solution
There may be remnants of the programs in the Registry. HK Local Machine > Software. There may be something in the Program Data folder, or in the Users AppData folder. This is really only if the uninstall did not wipe all the entries, but it does happen at times.

How and where programs keep log files of the setup or options is up to the program, there is no set standard for Windows.
There may be remnants of the programs in the Registry. HK Local Machine > Software. There may be something in the Program Data folder, or in the Users AppData folder. This is really only if the uninstall did not wipe all the entries, but it does happen at times.

How and where programs keep log files of the setup or options is up to the program, there is no set standard for Windows.

Solution